Feud Poke, help required if possible please.

Started by Phantomz, 22:42, 16 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Phantomz

I'm reposting this as it was lost when the server crashed out.

I've got a poke for Feud, it works fine for the tape version of the game, but I don't know how to make it work for the disk version.
If I run it on the 464 it will say press play on tape etc, if I put it on a disk with Feud, nothing happens.

Anyone know how to get this to work? or could be kind enough to make a disk with it on that works.

I'd prefer it to be joystick up and down for yes or no if possible instead of pressing y or n then enter, as I want to make a Feud cart with this poke added,
but I'm a bit lost on how to make it work at the moment.  ???

10 addr=&5400
20 PRINT "No need to collect herbs? y/n:"
30 GOSUB 140: IF a THEN RESTORE 100:FOR n=0 to 3: READ a$:POKE n+addr,VAL("&"+a$):NEXT:addr=addr+n
40 PRINT "Infinite spells? y/n:"
50 GOSUB 140: IF a THEN RESTORE 110:FOR n=0 to 12:READ a$:POKE n+addr,VAL("&"+a$):NEXT:addr=addr+n
60 PRINT "All corners act as cauldrons? y/n:"
70 GOSUB 140:IF a THEN RESTORE 120:FOR n=0 to 3:READ a$:POKE n+addr,VAL("&"+a$):NEXT:addr=addr+n
80 FOR n=0 to 2:READ a$:POKE n+addr,VAL("&"+a$):NEXT
90 MEMORY &4FFF:LOAD "FEUD":POKE &5008,&54:MODE 1:CALL &5000
100 DATA af,32,84,09
110 DATA 21,c5,15,11,c6,15,36,ff,01,0b,00,ed,b0
120 DATA af,32,7a,09
130 DATA c3,00,04
140 a$="":a=0:WHILE a$<>"n" AND a$<>"y":a$=LOWER$(INKEY$):WEND
150 IF a$="y" THEN a=1
160 RETURN

Hope someone can help, thanks.  :)

EgoTrip

I could be wrong here but from my limited understanding, tapes and disks have different protection routines and these pokes will only work for the format they crack. A whole new crack routine would need to be written for the disk. Also if you intend on using the routine on a cart, then it will need to be written in machine code.

Phantomz

Quote from: EgoTrip on 00:16, 17 May 15
I could be wrong here but from my limited understanding, tapes and disks have different protection routines and these pokes will only work for the format they crack. A whole new crack routine would need to be written for the disk. Also if you intend on using the routine on a cart, then it will need to be written in machine code.

Ok, so it sounds like it's not possible then, I thought it might have been as Feud was a tape game to start with so all the disks must have been ripped from tape, so thought it might have been possible.

If the poke / trainer then worked with the disk version of the game, it should work fine when converted to cart format with nocart as all the other disks do with trainers.

I mean I've just patched a few trainers on disks to work when converted to cart format for the dizzy compilation.

Feud was one of my favourite games as a kid and I've never seen a trained version, so thought it would have been cool to of had a disk / cart with this poke on for a trainer.  ::)

tastefulmrship

Here's a crude hack of FEUD with your cheats bolted on. To get it to work (properly), then the POKEs listing needs reprogramming... but, as it is, it nearly works! (NOTE: no STE title screen!)

Type RUN"FEUDPOKE" to test game with cheat options.




Phantomz

#4
Quote from: Jonah (Tasteful Mr) Ship on 12:30, 17 May 15
Here's a crude hack of FEUD with your cheats bolted on. To get it to work (properly), then the POKEs listing needs reprogramming... but, as it is, it nearly works! (NOTE: no STE title screen!)

Type RUN"FEUDPOKE" to test game with cheat options.

Nice one, shame about the title screen, glad you got it to work though  8) thanks for that  ;D

Do you know how to change it to " Joystick Button 1 for Yes and Joystick Button 2 for No " or Joystick Up for Yes and Joystick Down for No " ?  So it will be GX4000 friendly.  ;)

It does still work when I convert to cart format.  :)

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:18, 17 May 15
Nice one, shame about the title screen, glad you got it to work though  8) thanks for that  ;D
Ok, fair enough... here's one with a "badly bolted-on" title screen! (Press any key to continue past title screen).
Again, both cheat and non-cheat versions available!

However, I would really recommend single-filing this or, at least, making it 100% machine code... as EgoTrip suggested.
I could do that, but I've just started my second bottle of wine of the day... and... well, some people here know how bad things can get when I start drinking heavily. Especially this early in the day... and Tesco now do a half-decent bottle of Spanish red for £3.99.
Anyway, enjoy Feud! Even if the cheats make the game pretty moot!


Phantomz

#6
Quote from: Jonah (Tasteful Mr) Ship on 14:43, 17 May 15
Ok, fair enough... here's one with a "badly bolted-on" title screen! (Press any key to continue past title screen).
Again, both cheat and non-cheat versions available!

However, I would really recommend single-filing this or, at least, making it 100% machine code... as EgoTrip suggested.
I could do that, but I've just started my second bottle of wine of the day... and... well, some people here know how bad things can get when I start drinking heavily. Especially this early in the day... and Tesco now do a half-decent bottle of Spanish red for £3.99.
Anyway, enjoy Feud! Even if the cheats make the game pretty moot!

Hi, thanks again for doing this, I think the screen works well even if it just bolted-on to you  :D

I have no idea how to make this a single file or do it in machine code, I'm not as smart as you or some other users on here, I don't know the Amstrad that well to do this stuff.

I just loved using my Amstrad back in the day as a kid and it's still fun to me to this day.  ;D

I know that trainers make all games pointless really, but I want trainers available if possible to make games kid friendly  ;)  at least on my favourite games from back then.

This might have been an easy fix for you to do, but I think it works really well, so is there any real need to single file it or make it 100% machine code, sounds like a lot of work to me?

The only thing that needs to be changed now is for the trainer to work with the joystick , it needs Y / N mapped to Joystick Up and Down for the GX4000 compatability, can this be done by changing the poke?

It needs changing from:

No need to collect Herbs? y/n:

Infinite spells? y/n:

All corners act as cauldrons? y/n:

to

No need to collect Herbs? Y:Up N:Dn

Infinite spells? Y:Up N:Dn

All corners act as cauldrons? Y:Up N:Dn

It would be cool if it can be in the centre of the screen like other trainers do, I know it's not important, but I think it looks better.  ;)

The cart version looks fine now, just needs the above doing to make in GX4000 friendly.  :D

I hope you enjoy your wine  :) , maybe you would be kind enough to do the above when you have some free time available.

Thanks again.  :D


tastefulmrship

#7
Quote from: Phantomz on 15:48, 17 May 15
No need to collect Herbs? Y:Up N:Dn

Infinite spells? Y:Up N:Dn

All corners act as cauldrons? Y:Up N:Dn
I can create a "fake crack" if you want, tomorrow (under the BAD SANTA moniker), but I need to know what the "inkey" value is associated with the UP and DOWN command of the GX4K paddle is. Also, there are other POKEs in CPCPower that I would like to try out, as well.
Please help a poor non-programmer, non-musician, non-graphician out! ^_^

P.S. This is gonna be fun! (My cracktros are lame, but I like them!)

P.P.S. I'll try to add this to my, already existing, ROM version of FEUD!

P.P.P.S. ie; can you attach a version of your .cpr in "file" format, so I can see what changes you have to make to make it GX4K compatible?

P.P.P.P.S. Don't worry, I won't interfere with anyone's .cpr creation thread as my .rom thread is pretty much dead unless I get some time to create more .rom files! Which I probably won't... so...!


Phantomz

Quote from: Jonah (Tasteful Mr) Ship on 17:58, 17 May 15
I can create a "fake crack" if you want, tomorrow (under the BAD SANTA moniker), but I need to know what the "inkey" value is associated with the UP and DOWN command of the GX4K paddle is. Also, there are other POKEs in CPCPower that I would like to try out, as well.
Please help a poor non-programmer, non-musician, non-graphician out! ^_^

P.S. This is gonna be fun! (My cracktros are lame, but I like them!)

P.P.S. I'll try to add this to my, already existing, ROM version of FEUD!

P.P.P.S. ie; can you attach a version of your .cpr in "file" format, so I can see what changes you have to make to make it GX4K compatible?

P.P.P.P.S. Don't worry, I won't interfere with anyone's .cpr creation thread as my .rom thread is pretty much dead unless I get some time to create more .rom files! Which I probably won't... so...!

I've uploaded my cpr in the post above, it's just your last trainer dsk converted with the nocart program, so the only files in it are your files and whatever magic nocart does  :D

I've no idea on "inkey" values, they should be the same as the normal cpc's if you know what they are, if not hope someone can help, when I've patched trainers for the gx4000,  I've just done it in HEX, and it's the same as the normal Joystick.

0B - Up
0A - Down
08 - Left
09 - Right
58 - Joypad Button 1
5A - Joypad Button 2

I'm sure you know all this anyway.  :laugh: :)

Phantomz

#9
I've made this game with the trainer GX4000 friendly now, I've uploaded it to the GX4000 page.

Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki

@Jonah Ship  Thanks for making the Trainer work with the disk version.  ;D

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod