News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Lemmings packaging disc vs cassette

Started by beaker, 15:28, 25 April 12

Previous topic - Next topic

beaker

I saw a boxed disc version of Lemmings on ebay this weekend and had to buy it as it was the last CPC game I ever bought/got as a present as a kid although back in the day I had a 464 so it was the cassette version. I remember having a card with the game where I could write down the level code and tape counter position. Does anyone know if this card was also included in the disc version?

Gryzor

beaker

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:56, 27 April 12
...why would it? :D

I was just wondering out of idle curiousity rather than having any great need to know for certain :)
The only thing I was thinking was it was a nice place to write down the level codes (next to useless now I know because they are easy enough to find these days).

Gryzor

Ah yes, apologies, I missed that it also had level codes, only noticed the level codes part.

Xyphoe

Yes I think it did!

I have the boxed disk version here... and inside is the card with the sheet to use for tape counter times for each level - which I have used to jot down level codes on too! But Gryzor is also right to ask anyway, because it doesn't have anywhere on the card written that this (could also) be used for writing down level codes! But obviously it could be and there is space to.

My only thing making me not 100% certain is whether at the time I bought the cassette version first, and later bought the disk version and the card ended up inside the disk version....? I'm pretty sure that by 1992 I had the 6128 in my possession so was buying disk games whenever possible, and Lemmings was reasonably easy to get hold of on both tape and disk ... so I'm fairly certain I bought the disk version only and the card came with.

Skunkfish

It's been a few years so I may be wrong but I don't recall getting this card with my disc version back in '92...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Gryzor

You rich kids, with your original softwarez and extra cards...