News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Madcap idea

Started by dcdrac, 18:27, 13 October 13

Previous topic - Next topic

dcdrac

it is Sunday Evening the beer has been flowing so here is todays madcap idea

Put every single CPC/CPC Plus game into one  plug in box using the standard connectors and available adapters and see what happens

beaker

What, as in using a HxC???

dcdrac

One giant huge rom with everything on it

beaker

Ah, yeah, Bryce did the same thing for my SG-1000  :D

Took an old cart and modified it as so: Sega SG-1000

It's bloody marvelous I tells ya  ;D ;D ;D

Bryce

Yes, but those games are very small compared with a Plus cartridge game. 64 games fit on a 2MB ROM for the SG, but only 16 CPC+ games would fit on the same chip. I've already got one made that I use myself :)

Bryce.

dcdrac

Now something like this with this hypothetical huge massive rom in it and a button control system would be ideal

MEGAFLASH interface

TFM

Quote from: dcdrac on 22:28, 13 October 13
Now something like this with this hypothetical huge massive rom in it and a button control system would be ideal

Such a big thing already exists, it's called the Cartridge Demonstrator (see cpcwiki).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

beaker

Quote from: dcdrac on 22:28, 13 October 13

MEGAFLASH interface

For some reason when I read this I started thinking of someone sticking a NeoGeo cartridge into a toaster (and the button control being the pull down handle)  :-[ :blank:

Gryzor

I'd buy that NG, provided it could burn a Space Invader (or Metal Slug) sketch on my bread.

I thought the madcap idea was to run everything together. Fun!