News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Mountain Bike Simulator on DSK?

Started by Gryzor, 11:33, 11 August 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello!

Anyone knows where I could find ountain Bike Simulator /Mountain Bike 500 (Codemasters, 1991)?

It was released on tape only but I want - nay, NEED to play it on my HxCFDE...
I don't know, maybe given that it was a budget game it's possible to transfer it to disk?
Cheers
Gry

Gryzor

Ahhh never mind, found it on ftp://ftp.nvg.ntnu.no/pub/cpc/games/sports/mount500.zip . TACGR had the wrong filename... For some reason it's flagged 128k only -so maybe it was released on disk only?

arnoldemu

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:39, 11 August 10
Ahhh never mind, found it on http://ftp://ftp.nvg.ntnu.no/pub/cpc/games/sports/mount500.zip . TACGR had the wrong filename... For some reason it's flagged 128k only -so maybe it was released on disk only?
:P wiki denied you the ftp link.
Feel the anger ;)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Hahaha :D Well, time to follow up on the bug report I submitted...

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:39, 11 August 10
Ahhh never mind, found it on ftp://ftp.nvg.ntnu.no/pub/cpc/games/sports/mount500.zip . TACGR had the wrong filename... For some reason it's flagged 128k only -so maybe it was released on disk only?
TACGR hasn't been updated since the beginning of 2006, so there are a lot of files that have been renamed since then. (Does anyone know what David Wykes is doing nowadays?)

Mountain Bike 500 was only released on cassette as a budget game. The version on NVG is a crack - one of my earliest ones, in fact, and as a result, it's not very efficient, which is why it requires 128K of memory. ;)

Interestingly, if you examine the code with a hex editor, you'll discover the message "(C) Players Premier 1991", which suggests that the game was originally meant to be released by Players before they folded. ???

Gryzor

Your own crack? Tsk! Naughty... :D Well, I guess that your 'not efficient' crackonly excluded a very few users -464 owners with a drive... (664? what's that?)