News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

OMG! Haven't been working on this since 6 years!

Started by TFM, 17:47, 23 March 12

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

tastefulmrship

Top stuff! Very, very nice!
Can't wait to see this one released!

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Oh man, this looks better than anything I'd hope for! Fantastic work... The sprite is very cute, and the map is excellent.

I'd suggest that that the sprite should walk faster, and if possible add diagonal movement...

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 22:17, 23 March 12
I'd suggest that that the sprite should walk faster, and if possible add diagonal movement...

Both can be done without any problems :-)

EDIT: I even have a "under construction" and very small homepage for it:
Gerelakos

TFM of FutureSoft

00WReX

Very nice...hope you get the time to finish it.
Well done so far...good stuff.  :)

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

rexbeng

No diagonal movement pls! Do it like Zelda 8bit  :D

BTW, looking at tha name of the game I can't help but think that you've spent a good amount of your time flipping the yellow pages in search for Greek names, just like Manfred Trenz did for Katakis  :P

rb

robcfg

I see that you mention the Plus version to have more colors, that's great! I'd love to see a great game for the plus.

Keep up the good work!

TFM

Quote from: 00WReX on 05:55, 24 March 12
Very nice...hope you get the time to finish it.
Well done so far...good stuff.  :)

Cheers,
Shane

Well, yes, just have to finish "Cyber Huhn", then Giana Sisters. Then back and fully back to Gerelakos :-) Actually we already have an Iceworld, Grasland and interiour stuff (for houses etc.). But Tolkin is never pleased with his GFX, so whole worlds have been annihilated since they didn't fit in his quality characteristics. But nothing will be wasted.

Quote from: rexbeng on 12:11, 24 March 12
No diagonal movement pls! Do it like Zelda 8bit  :D

Well, that was Tolkins idea too, so I didn't introduce that up to now.

Quote from: rexbeng on 12:11, 24 March 12
BTW, looking at tha name of the game I can't help but think that you've spent a good amount of your time flipping the yellow pages in search for Greek names, just like Manfred Trenz did for Katakis  :P

It was never ment to be Greek. And you won't find "Gerelakos" in the web. It was new created just for the Game. But I can't tell more about it's meaning now. In game the story will be told.

Quote from: robcfg on 13:59, 24 March 12
I see that you mention the Plus version to have more colors, that's great! I'd love to see a great game for the plus.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks' a lot. Yes, a Plus version is supposed to be there one day. However, first the version for CPC6128 must be finished. (Sorry, 128 KB are needed).
TFM of FutureSoft

MacDeath

QuoteSorry, 128 KB are needed
seriously, a proper RPG simply can't be 64K !!! ;D

Nich

I remember seeing this game years ago on some forgotten corner of the web, and wondering what happened to it. It's great to know it hasn't been completely abandoned! :)

Badstarr

Looks great, a very Japanese feel to it, at least it seems that way to me! To be honest, I have never really played an RPG, but this would definitely tempt me to try especially on a CPC, a Plus version would be great too! One thing I would like to see more of in contemporary CPC games is a Save routine, like you get in Orion Prime (must get back to playing that actually!) I guess a lack of save states is my only gripe these days with Retro Gaming, the 21st Century has spoiled me! Maybe Bryce could whip us up a Multiface clone?!  ;D
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

MacDeath

do you have the tileset and sprites datas somewhere ??

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 12:53, 26 March 12
do you have the tileset and sprites datas somewhere ??

Yes, I do. PM me for that :-)
TFM of FutureSoft