News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Poster Paster (Amsoft, 1984)

Started by Zoe Robinson, 16:57, 03 April 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe Robinson

Hi everyone!

I've recently discovered that Poster Paster, a game advertised from around September 1984 from Amsoft, doesn't appear to be available online. Does anyone have a copy of it in DSK or CDT format? I could really use a copy as it's mentioned in episode 3 of CPCine and right now, I have no footage to go with it!

Thanks for any help anyone can give on this one.

Carnivius

I can only find it for C64.  Was it definitely released for CPC?
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Zoe Robinson

It was advertised alongside Jammin' in late 1984, so it certainly looks like it was ready to be released. I can't confirm an actual release however, so it's a bit of an oddity.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 00:14, 05 April 18
It was advertised alongside Jammin' in late 1984, so it certainly looks like it was ready to be released. I can't confirm an actual release however, so it's a bit of an oddity.

According to CPC-Power Jammin' has been dated from 1985 and the Roman Numeral Year on the loading screen has 1985. I don't seem to recall Poster Paster being in the AMSOFT Winter Catalog 1984/85 either. Just wondered if it was alongside Jammin' if Poster Paster maybe another Tasket game? From what I recall the Winter Catalog had Super Pipeline II next to Jammin', which was another Tasket game.

Another oddity which might of happened is if the game went through a name change. I had heaps of trouble finding a AMSOFT game ACU reviewed in 1985 they called Spook Loot, but then discovered it from Screenshots that the game was called "The Prize", it looks like in that case the game was being written through another software house called Andtronic, but then got handed over to AMSOFT.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Zoe Robinson

Yes, it was indeed a Task Set game. Here's the advert, from issue 2 of Amstrad CPC 464 User (October/November 1984).

AMSDOS

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 11:58, 06 April 18
Yes, it was indeed a Task Set game. Here's the advert, from issue 2 of Amstrad CPC 464 User (October/November 1984).

Have a horrible feeling that that was about as far as the game got. I found a thing about it on CPC-Rulez, which had that advert from A464U along with a review from Bob Wade during his time at Personal Computer Games. I used archive and located that review in the Dec 1984 issue of PCG which unfortunately was for the C64 version.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Zoe Robinson

Sadly I have to agree. It looks like it was advertised in anticipation of actually being coded, then for whatever reason the actual game was never made. :(