News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Quick question on Renegade/Target Renegade graphics

Started by sigh, 17:17, 07 December 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

TFM

I second [nb]and third[/nb] that. Pics please...  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

sigh

Not quite the day I was expecting as I didn't finish the boss, due to having to redo some animations for the boss, male and female ground fighting attacks(below). I've saved some torso space which is good.

Ground slam. This move had been rather problematic due to the frames that I have available to create this animation. The torso and legs of the player would be drawn very differently if there was sprite space. Should probably make the animation faster.

Face pound (male)

Head bash

So I have these left:

1) Being picked up from ground
2) Parry
3) Bear Hug
4) Double Attack

ervin

BRUTAL!
The face pound and head bash in particular!
* shudder *

Absolutely outstanding work, as always.

sigh

I'm going to play with the players reaction in regards to Tug's ground slam. As I've removed some torso's and legs, I may be able to add 1 or 2 leg sprites and that should do it.

After that, I will work on the "Being picked up from ground".

steve

Quote from: sigh on 12:32, 30 September 13
As I've removed some torso's and legs....

Did you animate the blood draining from the body? :laugh:

Puresox

It astounds me how you graphic guy's work out the frames of animation! Superb skill to have!!

Gryzor

sigh

Removed the bounce and sped up the animation. No need to draw extra body parts which I'm happy about so calling this done!

ervin

Brilliant stuff.
Possibly a *little* too fast, but superb regardless.

sigh

Heh heh!!

Looking at it on my computer at work and it does indeed look too fast. That's what happens when you work on something for too long. You just can't see it anymore! :laugh:

I'll add an extra frame at the end and that should do it.

I need to sort out the female reaction to do this and also her reaction to the strangle hold, which will be super quick to do.

I'm going to do the parry animation next. The parry is just one pose:)

Gryzor

I really liked the bounce but I also see how speed gives it a different style (more humorous actually). But yes, it's a tad fast :D

Ace

Quote from: sigh on 23:54, 30 September 13

Removed the bounce and sped up the animation. No need to draw extra body parts which I'm happy about so calling this done!
...I liked the bounce more, along with the slower animation. The move was more "clarified".

sigh

I'm definitely making it slower, but I'm actually thinking having him hold the player by the neck instead of the feet, so I'll try that over the weekend.

I've now finished the following:

Parry
Double Attack (which isn't really an attack, but a stamping move that pushes the players back when he is attacked from both sides at the same time. Think "Smart Bomb" that doesn't cause any damage, but causes distance)
Being picked up from ground

Which means I have this left to do:

Bear Hug - which is an equivalent of the players armlocks.

TFM

Quote from: Ace on 21:44, 03 October 13
...I liked the bounce more, along with the slower animation. The move was more "clarified".

Same here.... Now there are a lot of GFX, now - sorry for not reading all posts - who is going to make code and music for that game?

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

sigh

Updated version: Saved a boss torso which is good news. I can now use the "picking up" frame from crouching and being thrown.

Will start the bear hug tomorrow.

ervin

Absolutely fantastic.
Feels more fluid too.

TFM

Now that speed is perfect!  :)

Oh wait... it hasn't changed!!! It get's displayed in different speed using different computers!!!  :o   :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft

ukmarkh

Progress is coming along just nice  :)  When that guy bounces off the floor, would be awesome if the screen shook as seen in Savage... lol

What's the game gonna be called? Do you have a programmer yet? Have you considered ports to other 8-bits?

Questions, questions, question  :P ;)  haha

How about 'Renegade Rage' or 'Shades of Renegade' for the name  ;D

arnoldemu

Quote from: ukmarkh on 20:27, 16 October 13
Do you have a programmer yet?
Yes I am doing it.

I have been talking with sigh about parts of the design related to code and talking about what is possible.

I have been prototyping bits of code, testing things out, plenty of planning to get it right.
I know the ai is the most important so I am working hard on that.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

ukmarkh

Quote from: arnoldemu on 08:50, 17 October 13
Yes I am doing it.

I have been talking with sigh about parts of the design related to code and talking about what is possible.

I have been prototyping bits of code, testing things out, plenty of planning to get it right.
I know the ai is the most important so I am working hard on that.

That's fantastic news! I can't think of anyone else better suited to such a project.

sigh

Munchausen is also helping with the programming too:)

I'm very close to giving arnoldemu and Munchausen an animation demo of how the game will play, but I need to make sure I give them EVERYTHING that can happen in the game, which is what the first level will demonstrate. This will also include the title and menu screen(which I have been working on), so we have a complete understanding of how the whole game will function.

I dont want to give the programmers any nasty surprises half way through the creation, which is why the design must be clear and thorough from the beginning.
The clearer my design - the less headache it will be for all involved.

Games should be fun to make, not a chore:)

What's the game gonna be called? 

"No Holds Barred".

Have you considered ports to other 8-bits?

Other systems like the speccy and c64 would need a complete graphical change. A lot of work indeed!
I think that the MSX would probably be the only machine that could have a more or less direct port as it's also Z80 and has colour?

Anyway.... I'm not even thinking about that right now:D

TFM

Quote from: arnoldemu on 08:50, 17 October 13
Yes I am doing it.

Nice!

Well, I really hope you will finish your Glory Holes 3D (ROM) game though. I have the feeling that I will like it :-)
TFM of FutureSoft

Puresox

Cancel that. Reread the thread to find out you have discussed music. Sorry

ukmarkh

Yeah, but we could all do with a high level summary once a week or so, just so people don't have to read through the entire thread.