News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
K

R-Type

Started by Keith A Goodyer, 04:08, 25 February 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Puresox

It was awful for the Amstrad IMO .

MacDeath

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/news-events/metr%27s-vids-ninja-spirit-amstrad-cpc-hd/

Then this topic must be of some interest...

The Amstrad Version of Ninja Spirit is not that bad, actually very accurate.

As I told, it would need a few arrangments to ease the CPU.
Just getting running as smooth as on speccy, with upgraded graphics could be enough to get it awesome.

Puresox

I can not see that as  a good game The play ability of it is really flawed, sluggish  and slow motion , the graphics are nauseating the screen is messy.I don't believe Commodore or Spectrum gamers would be looking at it with jealousy.

TotO

Hehe,

Nice story again Capper!

If I understand you and Mark made the GB prototype and finally don't code the game.
Looking the Mobygames page, it's a BITS game. Tom Prosser is credited for programming and Martin Wheeler for GFx.
But, no information about the poors ZX Spectrum and Amstrad CPC version.

Yes, what goes around comes around. :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Capper

I didn't realise BITS had done the conversion after all, looks like the demo we did got them the gig. Just got hold of the GB version and I can see that they've redone the graphics, the first level is a lot lighter than ours but it hasn't got the parallax scrolling of the brickwork underneath the floor that we had and their end Boss is graphically better. Looking through the code I see the Producer is listed as ADRIENNE RIETEMA who - if I'm not mistaken - was the receptionist there. See how easy it is to become a name in the business?  :D

Thanks for the heads up on http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/news-events/metr%27s-vids-ninja-spirit-amstrad-cpc-hd/ , if I've got any info on the game I'll post in there instead of here.

[Edit by Gryzor: URL fixed.

TotO

Quote from: Capper on 02:18, 16 January 12I can see that they've redone the graphics [...] Looking through the code I see the Producer [...] was the receptionist there. See how easy it is to become a name in the business?  :D 
Thanks for the heads up [...], if I've got any info on the game I'll post in there instead of here.
You are welcome to post screens or demo files about your (Mark and you) prototype version in the related topic.
Sure, it's easy to put his name on the work of others to enter in the history. :D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Was he really the receptionist??

Capper

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:38, 18 January 12
Was he really the receptionist??
I should say that Adrienne is a female name, she was the first person you spoke to when you phoned up BITS but if you wanted anything done she was the go-to person - I hope I'm not doing her a disservice by calling her (just) a receptionist. She was a nice person, sent me a present for my birthday once, so I really do hope her credit on the game (and others from BITS) is real and not just for convenience sake.

Gryzor

Oh, apologies for that. Yes, I know the type of "receptionist" you refer to.

Interesting story... imagine that!

Xyphoe

Woop!

NEW RTYPE TEASER VIDEO ONLINE TO VIEW HERE - http://cpc.rtype.fr
:D ;D

(edit - sorry direct YouTube paste removed, TotO would prefer you visit and link to the R-Type site - especially for any news articles related to this preview vid)

TFM

I bet this game is finished since weeks...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mr_lou

The testing-phase is a serious part of development which is sadly often "forgotten".

fano

arggh ! behind you , a bug !

wow that was just a nitemare  :) (i hope  ;D )
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

MacDeath

Still better than a bugger behind you... :D

tastefulmrship

Gryzor

Valves....mmmmm! Steampunk R-type!

TotO

fano

Quote from: TotO on 18:32, 26 January 12
(valve software  :-X )
Today , Valve , tomorrow ID ?  :-X

fano

Incommmmiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gryzor

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes, 10 hours to go!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!

robcfg

Nice! Looking forward to play it!

But I think it would have been better to release it yesterday as it was Groundhog Day, that way we could be surprised again, and again, and again  ;D

fano

héhé but yesterday it was not finished  ;D

Gryzor

Heheh still, in time for the weekend :)

MacDeath

Just a question.

I the game smoother/faster without the musics ?

Also did you kept the few good sound effects that were on the CPC version ?

Anyway, can't wait for tonight.

Jennifer Lopez - Waiting For Tonight

TotO

QuoteI the game smoother/faster without the musics ?
No, because there is no "NO SOUND" option.
- SOUND for 3 channels Music
- EFFECTS for full 3 channels stereo SFx
- MIXED for 3 channels Music cut by 1 reduced SFx channel

QuoteAlso did you kept the few good sound effects that were on the CPC version ?
No, because there was no good sound effects on the original CPC version.

QuoteAnyway, can't wait for tonight.
Just this evening... Except, if you drink after the job. XD