News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
K

R-Type

Started by Keith A Goodyer, 04:08, 25 February 10

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Nice... easter egg...  :-\
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

MacDeath

Thanx Capper for such a long and interesting answer. :)

DARKGATE

resolve all this problems with a version for cpc 464, a simple tape of 90 MINUTES with a 15 minutes for load a level,  8) no more disk, but LARGE TAPES   :P .

Do not underestimate the power of AMSTRAD CPC.

fano

beer anyone ?
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

andycadley

Quote from: fano on 20:02, 15 February 12
beer anyone ?
Pretty much need one after reading a "rogerjowett"  ???

TFM

Thanks' catched it! Cheers!

Can somebody ban that RogerScamJet please?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Andycadley wins the prize for Post of the Day :D

Oh god, it's worse than I thought...

MacDeath

"to pull a rogerjowett"... wow... wasn't this strictly forbidden by the geneva convention ?

TotO

what is the relationship with the topic subject?
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

MacDeath

Quotewhat is the relationship with the topic subject?
none, that the point with a rogerjowett... :D

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 17:23, 16 February 12
what is the relationship with the topic subject?

Now you see what happens if the SpamJet comes to a thread. But just tell some news about R-Type and we're back on topic again.  8)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

khisanth

he keeps trying to add me on every social media site

Gryzor

Yeah, he's known to do that :)

khisanth

i accepted once then it spread to linkedin and others. i always think if you add someone to your social network, then be SOCIAL actually talk to them at least once!

TFM

Quote from: khisanth on 20:44, 17 February 12
i accepted once then it spread to linkedin and others. i always think if you add someone to your social network, then be SOCIAL actually talk to them at least once!

That's only correct for humans ;-)

Any news about R-Type? Some more levels would be cool  8)
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 22:00, 19 February 12
NOW LOADING

Great! We're back on topic and the loading still goes on ;-) Thought about a level editor, but that would be very complex to realise (my guess).
TFM of FutureSoft

Executioner

I hadn't had much of a chance to take a look until today. Amazing work you guys from Easter Egg. and thanks for the mention in the credits.

P.S. I always preferred to play with keyboard on the CPC, but I hate QAOP SPACE and cursor keys are basically useless since you almost can't physically keep a finger on each direction button and the fire button(s) at the same time so redefinable keys would have been a great thing.

Gryzor

Quote from: Executioner on 10:10, 20 February 12

but I hate QAOP SPACE and cursor keys are basically useless since you almost can't physically keep a finger on each direction button and the fire button(s) at the same time

You can't ?!? Maybe my fingers have developed a natural QAOPSp setting over the years...

Executioner

It's the cursor keys I can't handle because you can't keep your fingers on all buttons at all times. Your middle finger has to switch between up and down.

QAOP and SPACE at least you can keep your fingers on all the buttons but I always found my thumbs and the Space bar clumsy for firing fast without moving my whole hand which makes it harder to control the OP (if that's the thumb you're using).

I always felt more comfortable with the Acornsoft (and a lot of CPC) layout (ZX etc), but the keys are different on modern US keyboards, so I've moved across from ENTER etc to ZXKML and left SHIFT for FIRE2.

TotO

I'm surprised that you don't play with a Joystick.
I'm surprised too, that the most famous arcade keyboard mapping make problems for playing an arcade game.
We don't get feedback about that during the beta testing and many players finish the game using these controls.

Finaly, the "QAOP" mapping don't allow to use 2 fires keys.
And "ZXKM" mapping need to fire with the littles fingers (not serious) and can't be used on 464/664.

Sure, it's nostalgic... But not ergonomic. :)

ukmarkh

On a real CPC, my fingers need QAOP and Space fire (Z to Release)... I grew up with this configuration and can't change now... in fact, I rarely use a joystick on the CPC, one of the reasons I don't get on with the Amiga or C64, is because 95% of the games force you to use a joystick.

Does the game support Rapid fire i.e. autofire? Please give us the option to redefine keys???  ;) 

Oh and instead of a level editor, how about R-Type 2? You know it makes sense...

TotO

Quote from: ukmarkh on 12:55, 20 February 12
On a real CPC, my fingers need QAOP and Space fire (Z to Release)... I grew up with this configuration and can't change now... in fact, I rarely use a joystick on the CPC, one of the reasons I don't get on with the Amiga or C64, is because 95% of the games force you to use a joystick.
So, you miss many good games on computers and consoles by refusing to play with a joystick.
In arcade too, because you have to use the control panel thought for the game. It's your choice and you deal with.

Our choice was to add a full joystick support and two keyboard layouts thought for a best experience with this game.
Our choice was to add stereo sound too. In the same way, you miss something by earing with the mono embeded speaker.

But, we apologise for the lack of instruction manual at this day.

JOYSTICK:
MOVE: Directions
BEAM: Fire 1 button
FORCE: Fire 2 button
PAUSE: Fire 3 button
QUIT: Fire 1+2 while game paused

6128 KEYBOARD:
MOVE: Arrow keys
BEAM: Control key
FORCE: Copy key
PAUSE: Space key
QUIT: Esc key

464/664 KEYBOARD:
MOVE: Function keys
BEAM: Z key
FORCE: X key

PAUSE: Space key
QUIT: Esc key

Optimus

I was always playing with Q,A,O,P and Space in the past but now I realized that for fast firing games (edge grinder, star sabre and other shoot em up's) it tires your thumb easily, much better to use arrow keys in right hand and the left hand completely on firing in this case.

Puresox

Simple answer is A Redefine Option then everyone's happy !