News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recommend me some Amstrad only games

Started by Swainy, 20:18, 29 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Swainy

As you may or may not know, the Spectrum was the computer I had whilst growing up but I've owned an Amstrad 6128 for a couple of years now but I haven't really played much else other than arcade conversions (I love arcade games you see) so I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend some games that didn't make it over to the Speccy. Cheers!
Retro Asylum

Puresox

Doubt you are going to find a massive lot that arn't on Spectrum also,due to when the Machine was released . Get Dexter or Triaxo's ,Isometric genre. Will struggle to come up with a vast amount more . Strangeloop ,Moving Target by Players, Bloodwych ,Dead on Time , Doodlebug,Exterminator, FlYSpy, Fruity Frank,Prince of Persia, Prohibition,P-47

VincentGR

Swainy

Retro Asylum

SRS

Landgraf, Der Rote Rubin - CPC exclusive !

Dagger

Life's a bitch. You marry one or two then you die !

Executioner

And almost all of the Amsoft titles, some of which are awful, but some are quite good. Sorcery+ for example.

Puresox

Satelite Warrior
Builderland
Spherical
guzzler
Metal Army

Puresox

Monty Pythons flying circus
Monument

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Dagger on 22:13, 30 May 16
Silkworm, Super Hero, Batman

Fairly certain all three were not exclusive to the CPC and saw other 8 bit formats.

Quote from: Puresox on 02:02, 31 May 16
Monty Pythons flying circus
Monument

Monty Pythons Flying Circus definitely saw all the 8bits.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

AMSDOS

Quote from: Executioner on 22:20, 30 May 16
And almost all of the Amsoft titles, some of which are awful, but some are quite good. Sorcery+ for example.

The excellent use of Colour Rotation in Blagger, makes it stand out as an Amstrad game for me.  :D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

andycadley

Quote from: Executioner on 22:20, 30 May 16
Quite a few of them appear on the Spectrum under different titles, Roland on the Ropes = Fred, Roland in the Caves = Bugaboo the Flea etc.

Prehistorik II, Super Cauldron, Megablasters, Orion Prime, Prince of Persia all spring instantly to mind. Not al CPC only, but none came out on the Speccy (well there is a PoP homebrew port from Russia)

TFM

In easy words: Focus on the scene productions. iXien has a nice site about it.  ;) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Swainy

Prince Of Persia is a good shout actually. I was envious of you guys getting that one back in the day :)
Retro Asylum

dirtybb

Quote from: TFM on 17:12, 31 May 16
In easy words: Focus on the scene productions. iXien has a nice site about it.  ;) :)

Homebrew.AT

arnoldorroland

Was Doors of Doom Amstrad only?

ivarf

Quote from: arnoldorroland on 01:10, 01 June 16
Was Doors of Doom Amstrad only?
I think so, but scrolling ten times worse than Green Beret

Puresox

not true

In actual fact it really puts Green Beret more to shame , considering this was an early title it did things pretty well

ivarf

but Doors of Doom is unplayable one of the worst ever. If they only could have used flickscreen. Such a slow, sluggish game. I blame the awful scrolling that you like. I think it was a late Amsoft game, probably made the same time as Green Beret

Carnivius

Quote from: ivarf on 21:21, 01 June 16
but Doors of Doom is unplayable one of the worst ever. If they only could have used flickscreen. Such a slow, sluggish game. I blame the awful scrolling that you like. I think it was a late Amsoft game, probably made the same time as Green Beret

I disagree.  I find it a little slow, sure but certainly not unplayable.  In fact I play it quite often.  It's also a gorgeous looking game for 1985 with nicely detailed tilework and animations (nice little touches too like when the player character bends his knees slightly before & after a jump.  I like details like that).   
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Puresox

Yeah, not surprisingly  I also disagree. There are many examples of sluggish or slow  gameplay on the Amstrad . This is definitely  not one of them imo,it plays at an acceptable level and although I am not a fan of the game I certainly think for a game from 1985 ,on a system that is notoriously awkward to display good scrollling .Doors of Doom is a very respectable offering .
Green Beret does not have genuine scrolling , it is a version of flick screen . The scrolling is pretty jerky and along with the fact that sprites are frozen  whilst this scrolling effect goes on, make it a pretty note worthy game  for the wrong reasons in the 8-bit era

Puresox

Well maybe it is a little slow ;D , just having another quick look. I do find it playable enough and I don't think it's too bad . Amsoft Gold lol maybe not quite
I actually quite enjoyed playing it when I just had a go of it . Definitely enjoyed it more than the first time I looked at it anyhow

arnoldemu

Quote from: ivarf on 21:21, 01 June 16
Doors of Doom uses real full on software scrolling. It's but it's doing quite well scrolling that much. Ocean games have a reduced area to scroll.
Doors of Doom is quite impressive for an early title.

It's earlier than Green Beret AND it's real software scrolling, really makes a joke of Green Beret's "scrolling".
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

AMSDOS

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:23, 02 June 16Doors of Doom uses real full on software scrolling. It's but it's doing quite well scrolling that much. Ocean games have a reduced area to scroll.

Is that the sort of scrolling that's been used in Roland in Space?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3