News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

River Raid for CPC? (or alike?)

Started by Optimus, 12:55, 02 April 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimus

I am actually searching for a game that I might have seen when I was a child on a computer store.

It was River Raid (screenshots) or maybe a mock up of it? I remember it was looking exactly like River Raid because I must have seen or played it before on Atari 2600.

Now, I can't find this anywhere in CPC game reviews, CPC power or anywhere else I searched. Maybe because it could be named in another way or maybe River Raid never came out for CPC and another game imitating this game could be what I have seen.

So, was there something close to River Raid (I don't search for any shoot em up with above view, I search for something very similar with this river, those primitive graphics, same gameplay) released on CPC?

Bryce

Spyhunter has very similar graphics / gameplay, except you're in a car / boat.

Bryce.

Axelay

The third stage of Assault on Port Stanley looks similar too.

Metr

Optimus

Spy Hunter, nice game, close to the concept, though I am not sure. I will check the rest, though from the screenshot not sure.

Thing is, when you are a small child you remember things different and when you grow up some things are like false memories. It could be one of these but I might remember it like it was the atari game.

alex76gr

"River Race" maybe?

So close yet so far.

I did the same search for my self some time ago with no luck.
Have you checked the CPC game screenshot catalog?
I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

Cholo

Some of them might be far off, but here we go:

- License to kill (perhaps not so much river, but there is some later on)
- The Spy who loved me (this one has a lot of river stuff .. floating car, speedboat etc)
- Flying Shark
- Live and let die (well there is a river)

Xyphoe

Quote from: Axelay on 12:27, 04 April 12
The third stage of Assault on Port Stanley looks similar too.

Yes I would expect this was probably it, in fact the screen shot on the back of the box is of the 3rd stage which is a clone of River Raid and the closest you will find on the CPC.

Just done a vid of it in action -

[AMSTRAD CPC] Assault On Port Stanley - Review & Longplay