News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The Abbey of Crime - La Abadia del Crimen (from:Converted GX4000 .cpr)

Started by dragon, 17:38, 10 January 23

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Parchement you hace selected finally a palette for ingame ?.

Its exactly the same subrutine but with the palette for parchement.

Put a pool And the candidates. :).

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 19:33, 19 January 23Parchement you hace selected finally a palette for ingame ?.

For me, consider that the colours of the last mockups I sent (Parchment, day and night) are perfect for Plus recolored version  8)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

dragon

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 19:37, 19 January 23Anyway I need the palette Codes :).
Ok @dragon , here are the infos. I tested them, it's ok. Just apply and let's the magic amaze us!  8)

Parchment palette (0 parchment; 1 background; 2 normal letter; 3 capital letter)
0 = #DE7 = 3559 decimal
1 = #490 = 1168 decimal
2 = #330 = 816 decimal
3 = #3D1 = 977 decimal
Border = #490 = 1168 decimal

Day palette (0 grounds; 1 walls; 2 faces/columns; 3 drawing)
0 = #490 = 1168 decimal
1 = #9B2 = 2482 decimal
2 = #DE7 = 3559 decimal
3 = #020 = 32 decimal
Border = #000 = 0 decimal

Night palette (0 grounds; 1 walls; 2 faces/columns; 3 drawing)
0 = #548 = 1352 decimal
1 = #98A = 2442 decimal
2 = #DCD = 3533 decimal
3 = #112 = 274 decimal
Border = #000 = 0 decimal

Don't ask me how I managed to do so... That's here, take it  :P
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 01:44, 20 January 23Commodore edition. :D

At last, La Abadia Del Crimen on Amiga  :P

That's perfect like this @dragon  ;)

Maybe:
    - Simple white on menu rather than yellow
    - as you indicate how to select Spanish/English version, replace the line to choose Plus mode by this one centered : PLUS version (   ) : OFF
    - You really want to keep your version with this palette editor?  :D
    - Hey, where are the pokes on a separate CPR? (and when they will be back, prefer 'No' to Not' for the negative in English)

After that, like @RockRiver said, there is the question of the title screen. imo, MSX2 and Spectrum ones are unusable on PLUS considering the resolutions and colour restrictions. And I really love the Amstrad CPC title screen. Maybe with Plus colours (I think it will need to be slightly modified to better use the colours)

That's all... for now 8)

RockRiver

For tittle screen CPC+ overscan
 Look at PDF guide of Abadía... photomontage with Sean Connery (rip  :'( )

https://twitter.com/EnriqueBCN/status/1550762568150618113?s=20&t=_gxFEiBg-XBQjc7FiAMFcg

This picture on CPC+/GX , do you like it???

*Selecting Classic version open classic tittle screen
*Selecting Plus Palette open this new ¿?

RockRiver

@CyrilAmstrad  : your magic to pass the cover picture to CPC+ screen???

Which utility ?

ConvImgCPC ?

TotO

A loading screen for a cartridge? It would be nice if the text of the parchment was displayed faster and that we continued directly on the game. The menu looks useless if you provide spanish and english versions of the game. Too much things before playing for me.

On RVM and CPCEC the game hang if you press fire into the game.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

RockRiver

Yes indeed , a title screen is "total pro" !!! Like in good french GX cartridges

And Yezzz !!! Text of the "pergamine" is boring slow...
Maybe accelerate it with right pad arrow?

Ups!!! RVM and CPCEC are good CPC "models" nowadays   8)
(My GX4128 is the "SugarPi" rasp Baremetal)

Let's Go!!! Mates!!
This will be the definitive Abbey version 🤜🤛

Thanks a lot, @dragon

RockRiver

And when finished... what about a real GX cartridge???
Ha ha 

Do you like my poor "homebrew"? hybrid MSX2/BluRay edition in a MegaDrive Case   :picard:  :laugh:

RockRiver

RockRiver

Abadia/Abbay is a beloved videogame in Spain... they make a Postal Service postage stamp for the Anniversary

Now with this CRT version , loved in Aaaaall over the World

iXien

Quote from: TotO on 12:11, 20 January 23A loading screen for a cartridge? It would be nice if the text of the parchment was displayed faster and that we continued directly on the game. The menu looks useless if you provide spanish and english versions of the game. Too much things before playing for me.
On RVM and CPCEC the game hang if you press fire into the game.
You already now my opinion about slashscreens, even on consoles, how it's a pertinent element considering the atmosphere of a game (particularly when the intro doesn't offer pictures) :P

After that, completely agree about the slowwwwww text during the intro. An idea of the speed that would be nice? I think that double the speed is a good idea, it's so slow, if @dragon is ok of course.

About the option screen at the beginning. Once again, it's @dragon that tells us. But maybe when he will consider that he has a final version, he could make different CPR like this :
    - Spanish + Menu (language, colour scheme) + Pokes
    - Spanish Standard colours
    - Spanish Plus colours
    - English + Menu (language, colour scheme) + Pokes
    - English Standard colours
    - English Plus colours

But really at the end, to be sure not to have to replicate each time an update has to be made. @dragon ?

iXien

Quote from: RockRiver on 11:54, 20 January 23For tittle screen CPC+ overscan

https://twitter.com/EnriqueBCN/status/1550762568150618113?s=20&t=_gxFEiBg-XBQjc7FiAMFcg

In my own opinion, considering that the game never has been licenced by the movie and the fact that all the versions display the same title screen (even the MSX2 and Windows Extensum versions), I think that (if we keep a title screen) it's this one and no other that has to be used, showing us what the authors had in mind  ;)

RockRiver

Quote from: dragon on 02:21, 14 January 23o.k o.k the poke(...) because the abad try catch you ever
(...)
Cheats are necessary. The Abbot is a controlling "bunch of shit" that leaves your energy to a minimum when trying to follow him  ::) :laugh:

RockRiver

Quote from: iXien on 15:02, 20 January 23
Quote from: RockRiver on 11:54, 20 January 23For tittle screen CPC+ overscan

In my own opinion, considering that the game never has been licenced by the movie and the fact that all the versions display the same title screen (even the MSX2 and Windows Extensum version), I think that (if we keep a title screen), it's this one and no other that has to be used, showing us what the authors had in mind  ;)
All is controversial about this title cause the final circunstances of Paco Menendez (a crack 🙌🙏r.i.p.)

Pazos & cia.was preparing a modern console edition with Extensum for PSX, Switch... but Menendez's family stop it and Delcan respect his friend and partner and his family...

I ask Pazos to buy a physical MSX2 edition on cartridge, he told me that it is free on Web ... and he respect the family too 🤝

TotO

There are official game enhancements on Steam to update colors and graphics.
Strange idea to think of using a movie picture for replacing the original content.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

RockRiver

Other great game by Menendez is "Sir Fred" (Roland on the Ropes II  ;) )
I'm fan of this guy. U know

(Other terribly hard to finish without cheats)

RockRiver

Quote from: TotO on 15:12, 20 January 23There are official game enhancements on Steam to update colors and graphics.
Strange idea to think of using a movie frame which will replace the original content.
C'mon it is a 80's pirate inspiration... you never copy a cassette???
(In early 80's nobody except Nintendo and Atari worried about copyrights, ask Japan or Kojima)
This marvellous game is not more famous cause film maker didn't allow the Same Name...
And Umberto Eco has a Spectrum or Amstrad???

abalore

Maybe it's time to move the messages related to La Abadia to another thread @Gryzor ?

iXien

iXien

Quote from: abalore on 15:21, 20 January 23Maybe it's time to move the messages related to La Abadia to another thread @Gryzor ?
I was thinking about that, yes. I think we weren't expected it would take such an extend.

dragon

-Don't lost the point of view. The cartridge was made to be compatible with all cpc range that include the old range 464,472 and 664 and 6128 .So a screen plus at boot no.

-Overscan(convimg) sound dificult to make it work as i don't know what memory range they use. And i  have to lidiate with the original loader.  It appers it need store it in 0200, That proably kill the loader. And in basic they only throw a memory full......(inside the other basic program)

-About the other (withconvimg)if it work with lucky and you call it and it come back after load the picture in the video zone.Maybe can be put in 0 mode.Because the game should reset all the inks and the mode at the start by herserlf. But if you use the same picture from english and spanish, you need a picture witihout any text inside.

-¿When you buy a ps5 game it come with one disk to every languaje?.

Even if you buy a north and south  in amstrad you choose the languaje inside, not outside. Even the poke version don't should exist. And they shoud work integrated activated with a combination of buttons. Thats alan sugar philopsophy all integrated.

About the pergamine, i don't have idea if he could be accelerate.But patching it mean patchin the other pergamine, and thats mean rework inside the ram ingame. There is some retards here and there.But who knows.

Even now i left out of space,because the subrutine became more bigger and bigger(it beggin litte), and i have rearched the barrier of amsdos ram so if i  call another new picture i need move  it down, and i need change all the jumps one by one at  hand in the dsk.

I have made a test in a dsk alone with  a pair of pictures using convimg.

And about physical cartridge,Thats some muddy in the time you put money in middle. You need ask to opera,And that's something I don't want to mess with that,If someone wants to do it, do it, but for me this is something non-profit only for hobby. 

-I don't view any rare in virtualmachine, it works as they should,loading and save in f1.