News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Top 10 exclusive CPC games

Started by cwpab, 10:32, 28 November 23

Previous topic - Next topic

cwpab

Let's create one. What would be your takes?

Shaun M. Neary

Orion Prime (2009). Not only is it exclusive but extremely limited. 175 physical copies produced, most of them in French and all sold out now. :) 
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

cwpab

I asked the mods for permission to edit the first message of the topic. I suggest we use this method to create the top 10: every mention of a game gets the game a vote. Of course, a single user can't mention a game twice!

Before I check some French and Spanish games, I will mention Sorcery and Roland in Space so we can at least have a list of 3 good games to start with (even if I hate Sorcery! And I had it as a kid). Also, I'd love to say "Baba's Palace", but it was released for Android.

Updated list:

(1) Orion Prime
(1) Sorcery
(1) Roland in Space*

* Roland in Space and Roland in Time, I believe they are unofficial ports of other games with other names for other system by the same devs, possibly the system was the BBC Micro.

Gryzor

I'll see if we can have a poll with open answers for this purpose. 

Prodatron

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

cwpab

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:58, 28 November 23I'll see if we can have a poll with open answers for this purpose.

Sounds good! But just to be clear, do you mean each user can write new answers? Never saw a poll like that, would be cool. (Otherwise we would need a 25-50 game list of exclusives including some modern homebrews to add to the fixed answers.

Updated list:

(1) Orion Prime
(1) Sorcery
(1) Roland in Space*
(1) Xyphoes Fantasy

* Roland in Space and Roland in Time, I believe they are unofficial ports of other games with other names for other system by the same devs, possibly the system was the BBC Micro.

ago

El tesoro perdido de Cuauhtemoc. Graphics, music, gameplay, it has everything. 10/10.

Gryzor

Quote from: cwpab on 15:22, 28 November 23
Quote from: Gryzor on 14:58, 28 November 23I'll see if we can have a poll with open answers for this purpose.

Sounds good! But just to be clear, do you mean each user can write new answers? Never saw a poll like that, would be cool. (Otherwise we would need a 25-50 game list of exclusives including some modern homebrews to add to the fixed answers.

Updated list:

(1) Orion Prime
(1) Sorcery
(1) Roland in Space*
(1) Xyphoes Fantasy

Facebook polls work like that, it's really handy, but FB is the only place I've seen it.

Unfortunately that is not an option here. What's more, I can't add a poll to this thread - had forgotten that you can only add a poll if you create a new POLL instead of a new POST... This should've been better thought out beforehand. If you want we can close the thread and post a new one with a poll.

cwpab

Thanks, Gryzor! I guess we can continue counting the games manually for now. But it would be great if I could just edit the first message multiple times, is that an option?

eto

The list will probably mostly contain recent releases as there are very few exclusive games from the commercial era.

E.g. Sorcery is no exclusive.

dodogildo

Quote from: eto on 18:29, 28 November 23there are very few exclusive games from the commercial era.

Kinda sad. Was the situation similar with other 8 bits? Or did Speccy and C64 have more commercial era exclusives?
M'enfin!

asertus

Many winners of CPCRetrodev.., Operation Alexandra, Space Moves, Outlaws, The abduction of Oscar Z...

eto

Quote from: dodogildo on 18:41, 28 November 23Kinda sad. Was the situation similar with other 8 bits? Or did Speccy and C64 have more commercial era exclusives?
The CPC was very late to the market and its market share was probably not big enough to focus exclusively on the CPC for a game.

In the UK we had Speccy ports - and the few game that were developed on the CPC were developed with a conversion to the Spectrum in mind (Oliver twins games e.g.).

In France many games were developed on the CPC but were later converted to other systems. If not to other 8bits, then at least to the Atari ST and/or DOS.

Maybe in Spain there are a few exclusives...

Gryzor

Quote from: cwpab on 17:30, 28 November 23Thanks, Gryzor! I guess we can continue counting the games manually for now. But it would be great if I could just edit the first message multiple times, is that an option?
I sent you a PM earlier, unfortunately not technically possible... 

cwpab

Updated list:

(1) Orion Prime
(1) Roland in Space*
(1) Xyphoes Fantasy
(1) Operation Alexandra
(1) Space Moves
(1) Outlaws
(1) The Abduction of Oscar Z

VincentGR

Billy 2 was exclusive, right?

xesrjb

Showdown in Tombstone City (a Type in with a little mistske)
Karl Treasures Hunt

xesrjb 
,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

angry

Ground Zero - is that exclusive?

mahlemiut

Sorcery isn't exclusive, but Sorcery+ was.
I think Fly Spy is exclusive?  Had fun playing that back in the day (once figured out).
- Barry Rodewald

HAL6128

...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

eto

Quote from: mahlemiut on 22:36, 28 November 23Sorcery isn't exclusive, but Sorcery+ was.
Sorcery+ was released for the Atari ST and Amiga. 

dodogildo

I think, before voting we need a list of exclusive CPC games. Maybe it would end up to a solid CPCWiki article eventually.

Here's a very timid starting point:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Amstrad_CPC-only_games
M'enfin!

asertus

Well, lets add "El Tesoro Perdido de Cuauhtemoc"

Red Sunset,

Galactic Tomb:

asertus

Of course, Alcon 2020... although you may say this is a "conversion" only of Slap fight.., but well done..

GUNHED

Space Chicken II ;-)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)