News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Turbo The Tortoise Amstrad CPC 464

Started by Neil79, 10:57, 05 April 24

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

Just saw this pop up and bought it for £30.. Don't usually like paying that much for Amstrad games, but heard it's rare and good? Also I don't have it lol

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

dodogildo

Quote from: Neil79 on 10:57, 05 April 24but heard it's rare and good?
Wow, horizontal scrolling! And THIS is rare, for a CPC game  :laugh:

Nice find. Have fun.

M'enfin!

Shaun M. Neary

It's a rarity from a Codies perspectiive but the HiTec version had even less issues as the company went bust not long after it's release, if my memory serves me well...

Fun game, actually finished it for the first time last year. :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Nich

Quote from: Neil79 on 10:57, 05 April 24Just saw this pop up and bought it for £30.. Don't usually like paying that much for Amstrad games, but heard it's rare and good? Also I don't have it lol

I would say the Codemasters version isn't all that rare compared to some of their later releases from 1992 and 1993, but it is a very good game indeed in my opinion.

I'm still slightly bitter that when I sold my copy of Turbo the Tortoise on eBay a couple of years ago, it went for only £11! :'(

crayzyian

Great game - also given away latterly with Amstrad Action as covertape...
Crayzyian