News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converting games to .CPR cartridge images - 128KB (no stock GX4000)

Started by Solo Kazuki, 12:38, 23 May 24

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo Kazuki

Hi

I know there is similar topic about GX4000, but this is overall question without 64kB limit.

So maybe someone can convert to .CPR games such as Xyphoes Fantasy and Space Gun?

Also, nice would be joypad support.

andycadley

Can I suggest putting 128K specifically in the title, or we'll end up with a ton of 64K title in here too which are better suited to the existing thread.

Shaun M. Neary

Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

GUNHED

Thanks for this thread!!! Especially for bigger games using more RAM the CPR format is desirable. 
This also may be a push to release new games / demos / applications on CPR too (which recently works very well).  :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

andycadley

Quote from: GUNHED on 13:12, 24 May 24Thanks for this thread!!! Especially for bigger games using more RAM the CPR format is desirable.
This also may be a push to release new games / demos / applications on CPR too (which recently works very well).  :)
I would hope that anyone releasing new games/demos/applications only on CPR doesn't just do it as disk conversion though. It's a lot better to just use the ROMs directly (and then you probably won't need 128K in most cases).

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: GUNHED on 13:12, 24 May 24Thanks for this thread!!! Especially for bigger games using more RAM the CPR format is desirable.
I never thought I'd see the day I'd actually agree with TFM...
(fuck, I must be going soft!)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Solo Kazuki

I cannot edit my post so must add this this way.
Request to moderator/administrator - Could You add to first post this sentence:

iXien

maybe I can invite you to modify the title like this : 

"Converting games to .CPR cartridge images - 128KB (no stock GX4000)" ?

Like this it is more obvious that this new thread will talk about converting games to cartridges that won't work on a GX4000, like in this thread. What do you think?
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

Gryzor

Gryzor

Quote from: Solo Kazuki on 09:20, 25 May 24I cannot edit my post so must add this this way.

Sure

Solo Kazuki

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:09, 25 May 24
Quote from: Solo Kazuki on 09:20, 25 May 24I cannot edit my post so must add this this way.

Sure
Thanks a lot.
Also, Your attention would be very important when some games appears to add them to first post. I hope that It's not a problem?

Gryzor

Quote from: Solo Kazuki on 12:44, 25 May 24
Quote from: Gryzor on 11:09, 25 May 24

Sure
Thanks a lot.
Also, Your attention would be very important when some games appears to add them to first post. I hope that It's not a problem?
Just mention me.

GUNHED

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 14:38, 24 May 24
That's because we've never had a beer together.  ;)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

eto

Find attached

• Adios A la Casta
  • Atic Atac
  • Edge Grinder
  • Let's Go
  • Mr. Heli
  • Red Sunset
  • Star Sabre

These are straight DSK to CPR conversions I did a while ago for my 128K GX4000. Nothing has been done for the controls but the games play fine without keyboard.

iXien

Quote from: eto on 12:52, 26 May 24Find attached

• Adios A la Casta
  • Atic Atac
  • Edge Grinder
  • Let's Go
  • Mr. Heli
  • Red Sunset
  • Star Sabre

These are straight DSK to CPR conversions I did a while ago for my 128K GX4000. Nothing has been done for the controls but the games play fine without keyboard.

Mr Heli perfectly works with 64K, there is nothing more on 128K based machines. And this one has been fully repatched to offer pause/quit, stop/play music, a new title screen and even some bug fix. It's available in the list ;) .
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

shacpc

Quote from: iXien on 16:38, 26 May 24
  • Adios A la Casta
  • Atic Atac
  • Edge Grinder
  • Let's Go
  • Mr. Heli
  • Red Sunset
  • Star Sabre

Mr Heli perfectly works with 64K, there is nothing more on 128K based machines. And this one has been fully repatched to offer pause/quit, stop/play music, a new title screen and even some bug fix. It's available in the list ;) .
It is the special version of Nich Campbell with bug fixes and other improvements that requires 128k. A cracker of proven reliability. In my opinion, it is complementary to the 64k one, unless someone confirms that they have finished the 64k game without conversion errors and whoever worked on this game indicates that they are absolutely similar.

shacpc

I congratulate the idea of this thread, because although the thread "Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)" is fantastic, I imagine that there are people like me without C4CPC for my GX4000 and that we use a CPC+/M4 with gamepads and your TV, without so many keyboard or even memory limitations (thanks to the available Gemini-type expansions, etc.) and loading in .cpr format.

iXien

Quote from: shacpc on 17:19, 26 May 24
Quote from: iXien on 16:38, 26 May 24
  • Adios A la Casta
  • Atic Atac
  • Edge Grinder
  • Let's Go
  • Mr. Heli
  • Red Sunset
  • Star Sabre

It is the special version of Nich Campbell with bug fixes and other improvements that requires 128k. A cracker of proven reliability. In my opinion, it is complementary to the 64k one, unless someone confirms that they have finished the 64k game without conversion errors and whoever worked on this game indicates that they are absolutely similar.

When we patch a game with @Urusergi , it is fully tested. It's a basic. So our patch is perfect and the 128K crack is useless  8)

iXien

If this might interest anyone, here is a list I made of games patched for the GX4000 which automatically benefit from additional features if you have 128K  ;) :

Alien Storm = Ability to choose main character with separate sprites
Badlands = Additional music and SFX
Chase H.Q. = Digitize speeches.
Dragon Ninja = Digitize speeches.
Gryzor = Ingame music
Hero Quest = Recoloured Sorcerer's background & hardware sprites.
Italy 90 = SFX + more animations and GFX
Lemmings = Music and SFX
Mutants = Music
Prehistorik 2 = Specific Plus version
Road Blasters = Music
Robocop = Digitize speeches.
Shadow Of The Beast = Music
Shinobi = Music and SFX.
Stunt Car Racer = Ability to go back to keyboard keys redefinition even while playing.
Super Monaco Gp = Additional background GFX in game menus.
Switchblade = Title screen with high score table and music.
Untouchables (The) = Music and SFX

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: GUNHED on 23:52, 25 May 24
Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 14:38, 24 May 24
That's because we've never had a beer together.  ;)

Flashback Friday - Beer good! Fire bad ...

Beer! Good!

CraigsBar

Quote from: iXien on 19:54, 26 May 24If this might interest anyone, here is a list I made of games patched for the GX4000 which automatically benefit from additional features if you have 128K  ;) :

Gryzor = Ingame music
Lemmings = Music and SFX
Mutants = Music
Road Blasters = Music
Shinobi = Music and SFX.
Stunt Car Racer = Ability to go back to keyboard keys redefinition even while playing.
I may be stupid here, but where are these? I've checked the GX4000 converted page on the wiki, and Prehistorik 2 there id the 64k only phantomz version

craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

iXien

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:50, 28 May 24
Quote from: iXien on 19:54, 26 May 24If this might interest anyone, here is a list I made of games patched for the GX4000 which automatically benefit from additional features if you have 128K  ;) :

Gryzor = Ingame music
Lemmings = Music and SFX
Mutants = Music
Road Blasters = Music
Shinobi = Music and SFX.
I may be stupid here, but where are these? I've checked the GX4000 converted page on the wiki, and Prehistorik 2 there id the 64k only phantomz version

craig
There is only one CPR file, but you can choose the version you want at launch on a menu  8)

CraigsBar

Quote from: iXien on 13:41, 28 May 24
Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:50, 28 May 24

Gryzor = Ingame music
Lemmings = Music and SFX
Mutants = Music
Road Blasters = Music
Shinobi = Music and SFX.

craig
There is only one CPR file, but you can choose the version you want at launch on a menu  8)
Ahhh, I get ya see I was being stupid lol.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

iXien

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:53, 28 May 24Ahhh, I get ya see I was being stupid lol.
No, not stupid... different, maybe :P