News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Is this the most pimped out CPC ever?

Started by ralferoo, 20:41, 20 January 13

Previous topic - Next topic

ralferoo

I've followed a few links on the site, and nothing seems to tell me who this guy is (although he does have a link here and to CPC-live.com), but WOW!
Check out this pimped up CPC: THE AMSTRAD / SCHNEIDER CPC EXTENDED

steve

Thank you, that is a very interesting site.

db6128

Are we sure this isn't TFM's? ;)

Quoted for great justice (and for anyone who might be too lazy to click on the link!):
Pimpin' ain't easy
Quote from: Devilmarkus on 13:04, 27 February 12
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.
Did he also say things like "My treasureeeeee" and is he a little grey guy?

steve

There is also this one from the same site.

Bryce

Quote from: db6128 on 21:34, 20 January 13

Of course it's not TFMs... It's not running FOS! :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

McKlain

Those things have more switches than K.I.T.T.'s dashboard  ;D

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Quote from: db6128 on 21:34, 20 January 13

No mine has a 6128 PCB in a Desktop (double hight) case, 5.25" HD (yeah, HD!) drive, 3.5" drive, 3.0" drive. Further it contains the Dobbertin HD20 hard disc, can be switched from Amsdos to XD-DOS (which supports the hard disc under BASIC). It has a 256 KB EPROM card with Maxam, Protext, XD-DOS, RDOS, FutureOS and some other stuff. Further it has the TimeROM and the Dobbertin Smartwatch RTC.
All stuff like Reset button, side-switch, 40-80 track switch. Also speakers... a Video-digitizer, VGA-RGB output (also normal RGB output), so it can use PC monitors, TV-output too .... and... at the moment that's all I remember.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

db6128

So, what you're saying is that yours is even more supercharged? My suggestion wasn't very far from reality, it seems! ;) But wow!
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.

TFM

Well, not really. For working I use one the them:

1. A 6128 Plus with 512 KB external RAM, battery backed up and with RDOS. This provides a 444 KB RAM disc (from which I even start CP/M Plus!). A complete discless station therefore. I only do backups on disc. Further in has the 512 KB version of the ROM-RAM-Box with a lot of ROMs onboard. Rounded up with the Dobbertin HD20 hard-disc, since it is so nicely compatible to Basic and CP/M. It has also a 700 KB B-drive and the F1-D from Vortex (two 5.25" drives 700 KB each). It has also AMX mouse and a lightpen. At the printer port there is a switch which can connect to the printer or to my MP3 player, which makes up to 128 Kbps.

Oh, and I'm about to integrate the LowerROM Box from Bryce and the MegaFlash soon.

2. A 6128 old generation with 4 MB RAM and 2.5 MB ROM (Flash), a hegetron graphpad, also a 3.5" drive and once a while I connect a SF2 to it (which disables my internal RAM and ROM, so I don't use it that often). It can be switched to 6 MHz too. Oh and it has a Atari ST mouse, which allows proportional moves.

These two I use for work, the other one which is in a PC case is more or less a dinosaur, but still a good machine.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

00WReX

The gentleman who owns or used to own these is a Dutch fellow by the name of Gerrit van der Heide. I do have all his contact details etc but will not post them here (his name can be found on that website).

I have dealt with & purchased items from hime since 2003...That setup was his working setup back in the day and I'm not sure he still has it.

Really nice guy and in fact back in 2003 I purchased a Schneider 464 & 664 from him as well as a few other components like DK'tronics memory etc.

My most recent dealing was December 2011 when I purchased a schneider 6128 + a heap of disk's. Pretty sure he does not have much stuff left these days, but at one point had quite a considerable collection.

I'm pretty sure that website has barely changed since I first noticed it in 2003  :)  even the "Under Construction" parts.

If you go right to his home page there are some links to the Dutch Hobby Computer Club, Amstrad Gebruikers Group (Amstrad User Group) as well as his stuff ("My World").

Freetimeweb

You can also see some of the stuff he had for sale...not much left these days and has not been udpated for a few years.

Saleslist Amstrad/Schneider Computers

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

lynwen

Quote from: TFM/FS on 23:27, 21 January 13
These two I use for work, the other one which is in a PC case is more or less a dinosaur, but still a good machine.
Really??? What is your line of work?  :)

TFM

Well, not sure if I get it. But its assembly line work - yes.
TFM of FutureSoft

db6128

Haha! It's not that bad, I hope?

"line of work" just means profession, subject area, etc.

@lynwen: TFM's a biologist, as seen in the artistic yeast thread!

Some people think I'm a biologist... I try not to encourage them.  :-X

TFM

Ah ok, well I do pretty much with my CPCs. PCs are only good for emails, CPCWiki, download PDF's, watching movies and that's all about it.
But with my CPC I can do (and really do) writing articles, writing programs, running these programs, debug programs, couse them if they don't run, play games, once a while I watch demos too, using tools to create gfx, do primitive beep-beep sounds or use Starkos (which I still can't!), play with DNA sequences, doing calculations, managing my finances and data in general. And much more... so yes, a RAM expansion and a hard-disc comes in handy. I also use some programs with Z3Plus, this is the Unix-like version of CP/M Plus.
TFM of FutureSoft