News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

AA Competitions?

Started by Carnivius, 11:49, 20 June 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnivius

The joystick topic got me remembering I likely won my Bug joystick from Amstrad Action so I wanted to see if that was the case and I've spent last couple of hours trying to find it through all these AA scans but I can't even seem to find competition winners at all (also my current method of searching through them all is tedious and confusing as they're all seperate jpg files I got some years ago).  Can anyone help me with this and find if AA ever listed the winners of that Bug joystick.  The competition was in issue 76.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Devlin

I have all the AA mags in PDF format and some spare time, so i'm gonna have a poke through and see if I can find it for you.

EDIT:: spent the last 45 minutes or so looking through the 5 following issues (77-82), with no joy, which leads me to wonder if the results were in fact, published at all..
CPC464 & CPC6128 + USIfAC II + Revaldinho 512k(universal cpld ver) - Schneider CRT TV
Administrator of Amstrad Discord : https://discord.gg/ksWvApv

Gryzor

The scans uploaded here are actually OCDed and searchable (IIRC), so you can search through them easily with a few keywords...

Bryce

Quote from: Devlin on 13:10, 20 June 12
I have all the AA mags in PDF format and some spare time, so i'm gonna have a poke through and see if I can find it for you.

You have spare time!!? I'm jealous! That's the one thing still missing for my hobby :(

Bryce.

Carnivius

Quote from: Devlin on 13:10, 20 June 12

EDIT:: spent the last 45 minutes or so looking through the 5 following issues (77-82), with no joy, which leads me to wonder if the results were in fact, published at all..

You might be right.  :(  Thanks for your time though.  Much appreciated. :)

Issue 79 has the results of competitions in issues 73, 74 and 75 and says more results will be in next's issues Amscene but I checked issue 80 and there ain't.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Carnivius

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:16, 20 June 12
The scans uploaded here are actually OCDed and searchable (IIRC), so you can search through them easily with a few keywords...

Downloading a torrent of them all in one go that seem to be these OCR'ed versions and I found Foxit Reader I use for pdf's has a batch search so I can set the directory of all the pdf's, and the keywords and it can do it all quickly.   If I still don't find these results at least I've learnt something new I may find use of again in the future.   :)

Gryzor

That torrent is based off the scans originally distributed here, and the ones we now offer are the ones from the torrent. You can read all about it in the readme files, and the guy who has put those torrents up is a really nice chap actually...

Devlin

Quote from: Bryce on 15:27, 20 June 12
You have spare time!!? I'm jealous! That's the one thing still missing for my hobby :(

Bryce.

Don't be, it's a side-effect of something not-wonderful...
CPC464 & CPC6128 + USIfAC II + Revaldinho 512k(universal cpld ver) - Schneider CRT TV
Administrator of Amstrad Discord : https://discord.gg/ksWvApv