News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC 6128s Going for high EBay Prices

Started by endangermice, 21:50, 09 July 12

Previous topic - Next topic

endangermice

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that 6128s seem to be going for loads on EBay right now? I was watching one today, keyboard only with a broken disc drive and it went for £41 in the end. Considering that I bought one fully working with a colour monitor last year for £35 and another six months ago, keyboard only and broken for £15, they seem to be making suddenly making a lot more than they used to?
For all the latest Starquake remake news check out my website - www.endangermice.co.uk

ralferoo

Well, I've bought 6128s on ebay over the last year for prices ranging from £11 (with screen, collection only and felt so guilty I gave them £20) to £40 (keyboard only, turned out to not work). But I've seen others go for £70 around a year ago for keyboard only.

The Retro Gamer Collection magazine has a feature about the CPCs in the "current" issue (so sometime in the last couple of months), so that's possibly increased prices a bit as people get nostalgic again.

In my eyes, it seems the price of 464s has gone up. Of the 4 I have, only one cost more than a tenner and only one doesn't work. Yet, people are selling broken ones for quite a lot more at the moment too...

TotO

It's not because one guy buy it with a high price, that all 6128 comes expansive now.
This computer was sold by millions and is easy to find.
Only stupid biders can buy it for more than 30€ today...
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

It's a CPC bubble! Quick, everyone buy before it bursts!

endangermice

Toto that's exactly what I think - there seem to be a number of rather stupid bidders out there at the moment - not too many though since what usually see is the machine sitting at a reasonable price, make a bid to find that it then shoots up to a ridiculous price suggesting someone has put a very high bid on there. They then win it for that amount so it's there that the bidding war stops!

Ralferoo I'd forgotten about the retro gamer magazine special I suspect you're right it's probably what's spurred them on! Interesting though all the same.
For all the latest Starquake remake news check out my website - www.endangermice.co.uk

MacDeath

The 6128 price must raise because we all know it is the best practical CPC.

664 is for collections or Museums, 464 is only for the retro tear, but seriously, w all know +64 and Floppy management is best way to get this CPC working with minimum loading time.

=> instant retro jizz..

anyway that's true some often try to sell them for like 80€uros... to no effect but, someone stoopid may get it one day perhaps.
gotta remember a fully equipped CPC6128 in colour was sold like... 4000Francs (in the end), which theorically makes up for something like 600 €uros.

EgoTrip

Does someone want to give me a 6128?

dragon

High price the cpc 6128? no,A least the spanish version not.

Is a search question nothing more.

When I buy my cpc,it cost 30e.But i buy it outside ebay in a lost forum : D.

Gryzor

Quote from: dragon on 12:31, 19 July 12
High price the cpc 6128? no,A least the spanish version not.

Is a search question nothing more.

When I buy my cpc,it cost 30e.But i buy it outside ebay in a lost forum : D.
Well sure, it's always cheaper outside eBay... but if your 6128 came with a monitor €30 is very cheap!?

Bryce

I got my 6128 on ebay for €26 with GT65, 9 Pin Dot Matrix Printer and 150 CF2s. I think most people were scared of the postage price (which he hadn't included), but the postage was only €12 in the end.

Bryce.

dragon

QuoteWell sure, it's always cheaper outside eBay... but if your 6128 came with a monitor €30 is very cheap!?

Nop.It's without monitor,but i not search them because I have my original monitor from my original cpc 464.

But it come with two joystick adapter,manual,and varios disk and games.Curiosity,is a cost down :D.