News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Greetings!

Started by nikos_a, 17:04, 14 February 24

Previous topic - Next topic

nikos_a

Hi everyone,

My name is Nikos, I am from Greece and have been a CPC user from 88-90. Originally with a 464 and later with 6128, I was one of the lucky ones to have the color monitor from day one. In my hometown, Ioannina, people knew me for the games I was writing in Basic, mostly arcade conversions of games like Centipede or Space Invaders. I also mastered Pyradev and I was including/changing several things in existing software, sometimes even pranking my friends by adding funny comments in games.

Since 2019, my missus, an electrical engineer, knew my passion about retro computers and advised me to set up a desk with the machines I had in the basement. Unfortunately, my CPC was sold in 1990 so I started with my Atari STE, my Amiga 1200 and Amiga 4000. Recently I bought a 6128 in mint condition (old logo top left although I was trying to find descent one without yellowing with the later logo with no luck) and a project that went through many difficulties (lockdowns during the pandemic, brexit that made the cost of some things go up etc), I can say that it is almost finished. The desk space is small but it is made with love and originality (eg I use one multiscan CRT monitor for ST, A4k and CPC connected through a VGA switch (ST and CPC have VGA adapters attached). Goteks are used and I can finally enjoy all the games I was playing in the past.

robcfg

It's never too late to enjoy the CPC, specially considering the flood of new productions.

Welcome to the CPCWiki!

d_kef

Καλώς τα παιδιά τα δικά μας!!!

Welcome and enjoy!!!

d_kef

dodogildo

Yassou Nikos!
M'enfin!

skylas

Quote from: nikos_a on 17:04, 14 February 24Hi everyone,

My name is Nikos, I am from Greece and have been a CPC user from 88-90. Originally with a 464 and later with 6128, I was one of the lucky ones to have the color monitor from day one. In my hometown, Ioannina, people knew me for the games I was writing in Basic, mostly arcade conversions of games like Centipede or Space Invaders. I also mastered Pyradev and I was including/changing several things in existing software, sometimes even pranking my friends by adding funny comments in games.

Since 2019, my missus, an electrical engineer, knew my passion about retro computers and advised me to set up a desk with the machines I had in the basement. Unfortunately, my CPC was sold in 1990 so I started with my Atari STE, my Amiga 1200 and Amiga 4000. Recently I bought a 6128 in mint condition (old logo top left although I was trying to find descent one without yellowing with the later logo with no luck) and a project that went through many difficulties (lockdowns during the pandemic, brexit that made the cost of some things go up etc), I can say that it is almost finished. The desk space is small but it is made with love and originality (eg I use one multiscan CRT monitor for ST, A4k and CPC connected through a VGA switch (ST and CPC have VGA adapters attached). Goteks are used and I can finally enjoy all the games I was playing in the past.
Welcome! Καλως ηρθες!!!

Web: https://amstradsakis.blogspot.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmstradSakis
My programs (only BASIC):
RETRO-LOADSHEET!, PENALTY KICKS!, CAPITAL QUIZ!, CAPITAL QUIZ 2! (Reverse edition), HEADS OR TAILS (ΚΟΡΩΝΑ/ΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΑ), HEART CHASER 1,2,3!, BARBOUTI!, STROOPIE!, AMSTABOO!
TEXT ADVENTURES:
BUDRUMI!, ART WAR!, BATTLE OF LENINGRAD!, RODOLFO SKYLARRIENTE 1 and 2!

ervin

Welcome! I'm sure many of us would love to see a photo of your retro desk.  :)

Gryzor

Καλωσήρθες πατρίδα!

We need a photo of your setup 😁

nikos_a

Thanks for the welcoming!

Two photos of my setup. STE, A4000 and 6128 audio is controlled through an audio switch as well. I also have my work PC there (the tiny box under the LCD) so basically I have 5 computers on the desk! There's a soundbar although listening to CPC through that was a shock considering I was listening to audio through the CPC speaker in the past (wish Amstrad had speakers in the monitors). I know, tiny space but works with a bit of love. All computers have Goteks (Or Goex in the case of A1200 and STE) with OLED screens on top of the case where is needed.

First game I loaded on the CPC was the 128K hacked version of Paperboy, the first ever game I bought for 464 and still have the tape (back then I didn't know why there was no sound in the game).

ervin

Very cool. I wish I had the space for a setup like that.  :)

dodogildo

Loved the red joystick!
M'enfin!

nikos_a

Quote from: ervin on 14:59, 15 February 24Very cool. I wish I had the space for a setup like that.  :)
Thanks!

Quote from: dodogildo on 15:04, 15 February 24Loved the red joystick!
It has a twin brother on the other side, not showing in the photo. It is Greek, hand made by a friend. It is known as "The Greek Stick" or TGS for short.