News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

If you knew then what you know now

Started by Trebmint, 17:57, 12 June 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Trebmint

So if you were as expert at z80, cpc, graphics or whatever in 1981-1990 as you are now... what would you have created and how rich and famous would you be??

TFM

Quote from: Trebmint on 17:57, 12 June 13
So if you were as expert at z80, cpc, graphics or whatever in 1981-1990 as you are now... what would you have created and how rich and famous would you be??
I was ;-) All docs have been available in the mid 80ies (Z80, FDC, 8255, CRTC...). And of course I did create... but never to get rich.  :)  The only software I ever sold for money was FutureOS on EPROM, this was mainly for the prices of the EPROMs themselves.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

redbox

I'd make sure I followed David Perry's path.

From programming Trantor, Savage etc to selling his first game business for $47 million and the second for $380 million.

Not bad for someone who started out as a bedroom ZX81/Spectrum/CPC programmer.

TFM

Money is not everything in life.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:40, 12 June 13
I was ;-)

[sarkasm]And how did you lose all your knowledge then? I find, it's time for you, to become an expert again ;) [/sarkasm]
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Bryce

I wouldn't bother inventing anything, but I'd be a regular Lotto player :D

Bryce.

AMSDOS

It's questionable if I would of got to Type-in status.  :laugh:
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Trebmint

I would have written Manic Miner and then have invested all the proceeds into a fried chicken fast food outlet. If there was any change left over I would have bought the Chase HQ2 gx4000 cartridge from Trading Post.

Also I might have invented ebay, google, facebook and ratemypoo.com. That would mean everyone now would be using an AmsDos13 mobile phone

TFM

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 23:11, 12 June 13
[sarkasm]And how did you lose all your knowledge then? I find, it's time for you, to become an expert again ;) [/sarkasm]
The knowledge is not lost, just the time to explain it. Further I can't access the details in my text files (on the CPC of course). So I neither have time to answer quick questions, not do I have the time to search for it. Boiled down to a nutshell: TIME is what's all about.
TFM of FutureSoft

fano

I'd work on a cool hardware for all CPCs and on games for it with a cool team.Rich , why ? i'd just need drugs and girls   :laugh:

"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Gryzor

A Romboard featuring flashing ROMs to one chip, perchance? :D

Axelay

I'd have bombarded Hewson with submissions to try and get a Dave Rogers soundtrack in at least one game.  I doubt that would have lead to fame and fortune though!