Retro Gamer needs your help! Call for artists - Xmas DVD

Started by Gryzor, 19:01, 11 October 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

I got this in the email:

Find your inner geek, help Retro Gamer, win prizes, get recognition!

Greetings Themistocles

At Retro Gamer we're busy working on our new Christmas DVD which we think will be the ultimate stocking filler for the classic games afficionado.

The DVD will feature digital copies of all Retro Gamer issues 56 to 80 - that's over 2800 pages of non-HD gaming goodness - along with a host of other freebies and gizmos.

But we also want to tap into some of the reader power of the Retro Gamer massive to help us with a few things. We're looking at showcasing cool web animations based on classic games - be it gameplay, titles or cut scenes.

We'd like to feature loads of reader-created masterpieces throughout the disk, so there are plenty of chances to win.

The rules are simple:
Keep it short (10-20 seconds - or rotating)
Keep it in HTML/Canvas/Javascript or Animated GIF
The lighter the better (under 1MB and max size of 960 x 580 pixels)

What do you get if your work is deemed worthy enough? Well your mini opus will be featured prominently in the DVD with a namecheck, natch. We'll throw in a load of rare Retro Gamer goodies, too, including a signed copy of the aforementioned DVD.

To enter, email the file (or files) or a link to it online along with your contact details to my digital cohort, mat.toor@imagine-publishing.co.uk with the subject heading 'Retro Compo'.

The closing date is 26 October 2011. Terms and conditions are available on request.

Good luck!

Darran Jones, Editor

PS If you're after inspiration you could buy, borrow or snaffle a copy of the last DVD, Retro Gamer eMag Load 2.

MacDeath

I fail to understand what do they want ?

What are you supposed to produce ?

Gryzor

Ahem:

cool web animations based on classic games - be it gameplay, titles or cut scenes.

TFM

They shall ask Xyphoe. He is the man! And better they give him some free prints ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus