News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

C141 and Screen "Shimmer"

Started by Rabs, 20:11, 09 October 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabs

OK just completing a CPC6128 repair (new keyboard membrane and AY-3-8192 so not a cheap repair).

Just completing the final tests and I have noticed what I can only call a slight "shimmer" when using an RGB2HDMI converter. 

I don't see this "shimmer" when using a real CTM644 and I don't see it when using a different CPC6128.

So I am thinking C141 (appears something has taken a byte out of it).

Has anyone else seen this before?

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

SerErris

Seen other damages to disc capacitors. worth to exchange wiith any 220 nF version. 

Not sure if this is causing the shimmering.
Proud owner of 2 Schneider CPC 464, 1 Schneider CPC 6128, GT65 and lots of books
Still learning all the details on how things work.

Rabs

Quick Auto Calibration on the RGB2HDMI fixed it. Well stopped the "shimmer".

McArti0

It is not nF for 16MHz dotpixel. It's pF
CPC 6128, Whole 6128 and Only 6128, with .....
NewPAL v3 for use all 128kB RAM by CRTC as VRAM
TYPICAL :) TV Funai 22FL532/10 with VGA-RGB-in.

SerErris

Quote from: McArti0 on 07:36, 10 October 23It is not nF for 16MHz dotpixel. It's pF
Yes your are absolute right ... how could I overlook that.

Quote from: Rabs on 06:38, 10 October 23Quick Auto Calibration on the RGB2HDMI fixed it. Well stopped the "shimmer".
That is actually something you learn if you have multiple CPC.

Yes every CPC is different and you need to run calibration for each of them. I have now 4 and none share the same settings.
Proud owner of 2 Schneider CPC 464, 1 Schneider CPC 6128, GT65 and lots of books
Still learning all the details on how things work.

Bryce

Quote from: Rabs on 20:11, 09 October 23OK just completing a CPC6128 repair (new keyboard membrane and AY-3-8192 so not a cheap repair).

Just completing the final tests and I have noticed what I can only call a slight "shimmer" when using an RGB2HDMI converter.

I don't see this "shimmer" when using a real CTM644 and I don't see it when using a different CPC6128.

So I am thinking C141 (appears something has taken a byte out of it).

Has anyone else seen this before?

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

I'd be more worried about the badly dried lower solder joint on the capacitor. That would have a bigger negative effect than the "bite".

Bryce.