News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Connect 5,25" drive to 6128

Started by BSC, 15:29, 09 September 22

Previous topic - Next topic

BSC

So I have this old 5,25" disk drive which I had connected to my 464 via DDI1 interface, see image for the connector.
Now I would like to connect that drive to my 6128 which has this Centronics style connectors.

- What kind of cable do I need to connect?
- Where could I buy one of those?

** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

BSC

Interesting question, BSC, I am sure that you'll get some hints in this forum which is almost entirely about hardware.
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Bryce

Did you just talk to yourself???

Either way, I can't help you with psychological issues, but I can tell you that the Centronics to HxC cable is what you need. You can find the connections here too:   https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/File:Floppy_Cable.png

Bryce.

BSC

Quote from: Bryce on 12:28, 10 September 22Did you just talk to yourself???

I know that you understand sarcasm .. 

Thanks for the hint on the cable! Any idea where I could buy one?