News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

DDI5 with FD 3"

Started by Vitop69, 08:37, 15 March 24

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitop69

Hy I intend to buy a @zaxon ddi5 for my 464.
I have a ddi1 with fd1 3" working perfectly.

I think I can't use the DDI anymore but I think I can connect my fd1 to the floppy port of the DDI5 via a 34 pin female to female cable.

I'm sure that fd1 supplies power to the ddi, so somewhere I saw that I should cut some wires on the 34 pin cable to avoid causing damage.

Can someone help me understand if this is right. and which cable wires should I cut?

Thanks for your support.

eto

Quote from: Vitop69 on 08:37, 15 March 24Hy I intend to buy a @zaxon ddi5 for my 464.
I have a ddi1 with fd1 3" working perfectly.

I think I can't use the DDI anymore but I think I can connect my fd1 to the floppy port of the DDI5 via a 34 pin female to female cable.

I'm sure that fd1 supplies power to the ddi, so somewhere I saw that I should cut some wires on the 34 pin cable to avoid causing damage.

Can someone help me understand if this is right. and which cable wires should I cut?

Thanks for your support.

Although I don't have the DDI5 your information sounds correct. I'm not sure if the DDI5 could be damaged by the power supply. You could check with Piotr if he has foreseen this and doesn't connect the lines that provide the power.

If this doesn't help: Instead of cutting the wires you could also disconnect the connector that injects the power to the lines. Just open the FD-1 and check that white power connector close to the 34pin connector. Unplug it and the FD-1 will no longer put 5V on those lines. 

Piotr

DDI5 can working with FD-1 without problems. . Only required to cut wire number 10 in ribbon cable. Anyway, for sure is better disconect 5 volt in FD-1.

SerErris

You can just open up the FD1 and remove the  jumper from the powerboard that injects the 5V into the cable to power the DDI1
Proud owner of 2 Schneider CPC 464, 1 Schneider CPC 6128, GT65 and lots of books
Still learning all the details on how things work.

Vitop69

Yes I see the connector of 5v to cable.
Today i have buy the Ddi5 from Piotr, when arrive  i report you.
Tanks all.

Vitop69

OK i cut wire number 10.
to avoid 5v power supply from FD1 i cut wire 2,4,6,and 14.

All works fine.

Bye.