loaded 6128 lower and basic rom on my 464, now only a couple keys do anything

Started by CaptainRon, 02:36, 24 May 23

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRon

I built up one of @revaldinho 1mb expansion boards and wanted to do the whole 6128 upgrade. So I made a new eprom using the English 6128 lower rom and basic 1.1 from 
https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/ROM_List  . It boots up fine but only a couple keys do anything. I read the readme for the expansion but this problem is present even before I connect the expansion. The readme does mention a possible issue with the keyboard map but I'm not sure how to correct it. Is there a patched rom to correct the keyboard layout or something?

Thanks for the help! :)
If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there.

CaptainRon

If it is helpful the keyboard is "PT NO. Z70101" and the mainboard is "PT NO.Z70100". It is an early Schneider with the wired keyboard, not the FFC ribbon, and both boards are clearly marked AMSTRAD. I made my 32k bin by simply filling the first 0x4000 with the lower rom image and the upper 0x4000 with the Basic v1.1 rom image and wrote it to an M27C256B. It boots up like I would expect and shows a ready prompt but the keyboard is useless. I just took the keyboard out of the shell looking to see if there was a eprom similar to the old AppleII keyboards but of course there is not one. When i put my original AMS40009 chip back in everything works properly again. I'm not sure what I'm missing unless I need some sort of patched rom. 

CaptainRon