News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Issues with the forum

Started by Gryzor, 11:33, 04 March 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Great 😊

The bug with the pages being unavailable will be fixed later today, I know what's wrong with it.

Also, if I have some time I'll try to find a dark theme for anyone who wants it. 

Carnivius

:O  Now it's BLUE! 

Place is different everytime I come back to it.  It's kinda neat. :D
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Damn, I let the test pass to the users? Argh. Will revert a bit later, was just testing stuff in what I thought was admin mode 😁

Carnivius

Quote from: Gryzor on 22:03, 15 March 23That's because resizing is done in the browser, you could always do a proper file and upload to avoid this. A chore, I know.

No, Shaun's avatar is already using the minimum amount of pixels to render that image of CPC Wonderboy as it was on the CPC Mode 0 screen (2x1 pixels).  It being shrunken by the forum means it's now a mixture of wide-pixels and square pixels and it's losing some of the details altogether.

I'll scale up that example to show what I mean.  Can you see the messy mixture of pixel sizes?   There's no way to resize that image and keep all the detail and the clean pixels.   Shaun would have to crop that image completely to just use a 64x64 space focused more around the face.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

TotO

How to disable the default Dark Theme. ;D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Quote from: TotO on 09:16, 16 March 23How to disable the default Dark Theme. ;D
You can't, I'll revert. Was just testing.

Gryzor

Quote from: mahlemiut on 22:35, 15 March 23Why is the front (forum) page showing a recent posts list, instead of the usual forum list?  Also, can't view more than one page of posts on said page, gives "Sorry, that section doesn't exist"

No dark mode, either.  Firefox is set specifically to use dark mode (automatic doesn't work either), forume is still in light mode.

Firefox 110.0.1, Arch Linux.
Bug fixed. Forum boards are on the side (depending on what you choose via the icons).

Gryzor

By the way, I don't know if anyone's found it yet, but you can actually

ENABLE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION (2FA) NOW!

Just go into your account settings to try it. I haven't :)

Gryzor

Ok, for those goth guys among us, go into your profile and try switching to the BlueWave theme. Let me know what you think. I can tweak the colors (if you wanna play with the color values in Developers tools I'll be happy to try your colors!).

Gryzor

Oh, also, I looked into Firefox (what better thing to do at 5:30 in the morning :D ). Looks like FF doesn't actually have a dark mode, it just requests dark stylesheets from the sites, if available. But our theme doesn't have one. Whereas Vivaldi (at least on mobile) actively switches the colors of the site you're visiting.

Maniac

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:28, 16 March 23By the way, I don't know if anyone's found it yet, but you can actually

That's been there a while I think. I enabled it several months ago and it works pretty well to be fair.

Gryzor

Quote from: Maniac on 11:01, 16 March 23
Quote from: Gryzor on 10:28, 16 March 23By the way, I don't know if anyone's found it yet, but you can actually

That's been there a while I think. I enabled it several months ago and it works pretty well to be fair.
Yeah, but it's not been discussed before. I just saw it again and thought I'd mention it. Thanks for the feedback! 

robcfg

I enabled it and it worked as expected.

Gryzor

VincentGR

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:51, 16 March 23Ok, for those goth guys among us, go into your profile and try switching to the BlueWave theme. Let me know what you think. I can tweak the colors (if you wanna play with the color values in Developers tools I'll be happy to try your colors!).

Oh, is there a "Discology" kinda option that we can do it personally?

Gryzor

Just play with the css values in the dev tools, then send a 3" diskette to the CPCwiki Towers. Our back office tool will forward it accordingly.

Best css wins ten pounds sterling and a random game on tape from our inventory. Also your name will be printed in the next issue. 

Carnivius

trying blue wave but it's not very dark at all and all the posts are still black text on white backgrounds.  Is that what it's supposed to look like?  I thought dark theme was light text on dark background (which is way easier on my eyes). :P

Gryzor

Yeah, I know it's not a dark theme, it's a 'darker' theme. Unfortunately there are no good dark themes out there, though maybe I'll look for paid ones.

In the meantime, as I said, feel free to toy around with the colors and suggest: it's just a good start. 

Gryzor

Ok, I'm proud (ok, not so much) to present you a half-finished, but completely functional (I think?) dark theme!

Go into your profile settings (Look and Layout) and choose Default_Dark. Couple of notes:

-not finished yet. Some elements may have not been adjusted
-Not too dark. Can pick darker colors.
-especially for textboxes, still looking for those
-yes, it's ugly. Will finetune. Was just focusing on getting it to work. But, feel free to offer color suggestions!
-fewer colors used than on the original theme because frankly, you can't do too much with a dark palette that will look good on larger surfaces.
-this should retain all functionality of the main theme!

That's it, gave it a good five hours or so of my life, so I hope it'll make some people happy :)

TotO

The "Unread Topics" display, do not follow the "Recent Forum Topics" settings.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

TotO

In example, if I remove the topic icon or the user avatar on the left into the "Recent Forum Topics", it is still displayed when I select the "Unread Topics".

Gryzor

Yes, that's because that's a different section, not governed by the settings you choose on that table.

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:07, 17 March 23Yes, that's because that's a different section, not governed by the settings you choose on that table.
Is it possible to have the settings icons for all the sections?

Gryzor

Sadly, I don't think so without a lot of code. Why though?