13th Vintage Computer Festival Europa (VCFe) in Munich 2012-04-28 to 2012-04-29

Started by OCT, 21:35, 05 April 12

Previous topic - Next topic

OCT

Heise.de report in "13. Vintage Computer Festival Europe | Hardware Hacks" that in spite of last year's fears that the 2011 event might have been the last, a 13th Vintage Computer Festival Europe will indeed be held in Munich, April 28-29, 2012, with this agenda: VCFe 13.0 - Vintage Computer Festival Europa (English version still a few items short).

OCT

MugUK

I went there last year to the "last ever" VCFe.  Plus I had other reasons to go to Munich - like escape the non-stop TV coverage of the Royal Wedding in the UK :) (*)

I was meeting a friend from the Atari Jaguar scene in Munich so that we could both go there.  The competition was to code something in FORTH on all the machines present to see which ones could handle the test that had been set.

Met some other crazy Italian guys who have set up a museum of Olivetti machines - from the original typewriters through to all manner of weird and wonderful pre- and post-PC machines.

A good day - even if the BBC weather forecast got it completely wrong and the heavens opened on, what my printout said, was going to be a glorious sunny day :)

The currywurst was fantastic too.  I was, at one point, helping out the daughter of the woman serving the currywurst with her English homework :)

(*) And, whilst there was only two channels of English-speaking TV in the hotel, I just about managed to avoid the Royal Wedding, until the following day they (as in the US Army, not the Royal Family) had shot Osama Bin Laden.  So that took over the news channels so I ended up watching American TV shows with German subtitles :)
I love poking (and peeking) around files.  I used to write saved-game editors on the Atari ST (and Amiga) using GFA BASIC, so looking forward to having some fun with my 6128 :)

robcfg

Currywurst are fantastic indeed!

I always go eat them when I visit my family in germany, hehe.

MugUK

My friend Thiemo from the Oldenburg Computer Museum (who was there last year and this year) says that I'm a "currywurst fanatisch" :)
I love poking (and peeking) around files.  I used to write saved-game editors on the Atari ST (and Amiga) using GFA BASIC, so looking forward to having some fun with my 6128 :)