Author Topic: Announcing Sonic GX - a new episode of Sonic the Hedgehog for Amstrad GX-4000  (Read 15070 times)

Offline dragon

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 686
  • Likes Given: 496
You guys did an incredible job. Hope you can finish it up till 2022. Thar would be awesome!  :) :) :)

... Then send it to Amstrad, to show them how game shall look like.  ;)
Imagine sending a Alan sugar a copy in cartridge oh man :D.
cheer up guys

Offline XeNoMoRPH

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • " ... in space no one , can hear you scream ... "
  • Liked: 2329
  • Likes Given: 1650
The effort and dedication you are making with this game is incredible, Amstrad users are very grateful  :o :o :o
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Offline Gryzor

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC-Wiki maintainer
    • CPCWiki
  • Liked: 3970
  • Likes Given: 7102
This looks awesome. Of course a video is a video but even these shots are amazing...

Offline dthrone

• CPC6128
    • SOHDE
  • Liked: 168
  • Likes Given: 223
Very exciting about GX-exclusive level design!!  8) 

Offline Gryzor

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC-Wiki maintainer
    • CPCWiki
  • Liked: 3970
  • Likes Given: 7102
Please give us more :D Even a gif!

Offline jockavelli

• CPC464
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 9
Just wondered if there was any update on this project, really looking forward to seeing more of it.

Offline norecess

• CPC6128
  • Liked: 447
  • Likes Given: 237
Just wondered if there was any update on this project, really looking forward to seeing more of it.

Nice avatar, @jockavelli  8)
Yes I have good news, I will provide a project update later this month. We are still targeting a release for end of 2022!
« Last Edit: 14:41, 14 June 21 by norecess »

Offline jockavelli

• CPC464
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 9
Nice avatar, @jockavelli  8)
Yes I have good news, I will provide a project update later this month. We are still targeting a release for end of 2022!

Amazing can't wait, no chance of a sneaky wee 1 level demo slipping out is there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ?

Offline norecess

• CPC6128
Hello all -- and specifically @jockavelli   ;) (this message was also cross-posted on my website http://norecess.cpcscene.net/)

Today I'm sharing with you an update on Sonic GX's development !

What was done since the last update:
  • The game now features 4 unique zones, with their own set of visual styles, each made of 2 levels: the Green Hill Zone, the Bridge Zone, the Climb Zone and finally the Sky Scrap Zone. This was made possible thanks to newer technical approaches and re-organizing (AGAIN) the data. All of that remains perfectly coherent with the game story.
  • The complete game-through of the game is achieved ! Yes, you read it: the game is now fully playable from Level 1 to end of Level 8, without any blockers. Of course there are many remaining things to tweak, but this represents a major step for us that we finally reached.
  • Because of level-design restrictions (the Climb Zone required a vertical layout, while the Sky Scrap Zone features a labyrinth in DrEggman's bunker), we had to upgrade our tile engine to support squared-maps, vertical-maps... this means the engine is not stuck anymore to horizontal levels only.
  • We also added a new enemy - Spike - and added few new screens (a new dedicated "Act Screen" for the Sky Scrap Zone, the Scoring Screen that appears at the end of each levels, etc).
  • Our musician Targhan delivered all the audio required for the game: levels (including the newer additions), act screens, bonus level, end screen, game sounds and more. What I can say is that his work completely match the game theme as we know on Sega consoles !
Remaining work:
  • We are still good regarding our development plan. Our target is to get the game "feature completed" end of this year (major work to focus: implement the Bonus Level + the End Screen of the game).
  • Next year will be the year of the bug-fixings / game improvements. Since we don't want to disappoint, we won't release the game till we don't consider it's good for shipping -- or, in other words: till TotO is not satisfied with :)
  • Hopefully End of 2022 as Release Date, if everything still goes OK! :)
Find here attached some new screens (that completes the ones in the previous update). Please keep in mind all of that remains a work in progress: many things can change.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 23:00 by norecess »

Offline HAL 6128

• 6128 Plus
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 264
  • Likes Given: 1463
From my point of view (doing some graphics) the deepest respect for the gfx efforts.
(sadly I can't imagine the programing efforts but it seems very talented).
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Offline norecess

• CPC6128
From my point of view (doing some graphics) the deepest respect for the gfx efforts.

CeD did not do yet his graphical pass on the bunker level (cf. as shown in the images above), they are presented as straight port from the originals. As a reminder, compared to the GameGear/MasterSystem counter-parts, in SonicGX the tiles resolution is twice higher. CeD will do his magic and bring details there in the following months...

Offline Skunkfish

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Editor of Colour Personal Computing
    • CPCSTORE.CO.UK - Dedicated to the Amstrad CPC
  • Liked: 520
  • Likes Given: 1379
Absolutely stunning, I've played most Sonic games but this could be my most anticipated ever! (Or at least a close second to Sonic Adventure)
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 3 of CPC Fanzine!)

Offline Maniac

• Supporter
  • CPC6128
  • Liked: 109
  • Likes Given: 385
One word; phenomenal!