News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

NoRecess - Added interview of Prodatron / SymbiosiS

Started by NewsBot, 18:00, 19 June 12

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

MacDeath

Ynot.zer0

I just read the interview.  Was a good history lesson for me as I missed out on the backstory, sounds like we should be seeing some new stuff coming out this year.  cool!  I look forward to it.  I think I still have SymbOS running on a SymbiFaceII card, maybe I'll dig it out when I eventually get back home for long enough...

btw - if anyone finds out what voice recognition software was used for the KITT cars, can they let me know?!  I would think it was PC or custom hardware based rather than CPC powered... but that is an interesting idea  :-)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Prodatron

Unfortunately  voice recognition would be impossible with a 4Mhz Z80 (or at least it would take some days for waiting for the answer ;) ).
At the beginning I was really planning to use a T-REX board with CPC core, but using navigation software, voice recognition, Skype video calls or just playing movies in DVD quality wouldn't be possible then. So it's just a Wintel system in a small case with a special power supply. At least it can run a CPC emulator :)

CU,
Prodatron

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

TFM

WoW! A lot more than "only" voice recognition. The old KITT would be jealous.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Prodatron

@TFM: The old KITT would still laugh about my new one, as the old one can drive by itself. I have to wait until Google offers the software for it's self-driving cars for everyone, so I can add this last missing feature to have the real 1982 KITT  ;D (oh and some more AI stuff maybe).

CU,
Prodatron

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Gryzor

Haven't read the interview yet (just printing it now for later peruse), but thanks!!!

Bryce

Wow, reading something from paper! You really do take retro to a new level! :D

Bryce.

Ynot.zer0

Quote from: Prodatron on 01:59, 21 June 12
I have to wait until Google offers the software for it's self-driving cars for everyone, so I can add this last missing feature to have the real 1982 KITT  ;D (oh and some more AI stuff maybe).

I attended this class last year (when it was hosted through Stanford), seems like it's the same thing, but improved slightly (I was interested in seeing if I could do something similar with my Hot Rod):

Udacity - 21st Century University

Looks like you just have to find yourself some "frickin' lasers"... I'm sure you'll have no problem writing the code  :-)

Austin Powers - Sharks with lasers

OCT

Quote from: Prodatron on 18:28, 20 June 12
Unfortunately  voice recognition would be impossible with a 4Mhz Z80 (or at least it would take some days for waiting for the answer ;) ).
Ah, so that's why.. (SCNR) ;)
QuoteAt the beginning I was really planning to use a T-REX board with CPC core, but using navigation software, voice recognition
While you're around, there are a few questions on the Symbiface(s) II(&3?) in Upcoming new batch of Symbiface 2? as well as throughout the forum ever since The Doctor posted his mouth-watering Hardwareentwicklung | Dr. Zed's evil Lab (expected immediately after Duke Nukem Forever - well, that's there now ;)).

Executioner

Interesting interview. Nice to see you're still around Prodatron, and back here posting every now and then.

OCT

TotO

Nice, but? Half of how much?
Do we know the price?
Is preorder was done?

Because I take a look since june an see nothing...
I'm really interested by the board and don't want to miss the opportunity.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

MaV

Quote from: TotO on 12:42, 04 August 12
Nice, but? Half of how much?
Do we know the price?
Is preorder was done?
Price will be 120 Euro + shipping it seems. He wants to produce them first before asking for payment, because apparently it's been quite chaotic the last time people paid in advance.

Prodatron is a member in the wiki forum, so you can send him a PM. Or shall I ask him?
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."