News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Sundown Demoparty 2015

Started by ralferoo, 23:17, 19 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

ralferoo

Just thought I'd remind people that the demoscene's annual trip to the UK seaside is nearly upon us: Sundown 2015 | 7-9th August 2015 – Budleigh Salterton UK - only 3 weeks away now!

There's a growing number of CPC people going each year, and it's certainly one of the most chilled out demoparties you could hope to go to. Hang out on the beach in the sun or stay indoors party coding, it's got it all. And the best fish and chips in the UK! :)

MacDeath

Do they accept remote entries in oldskool graphics ?

Sundown 2014 - Demozoo

I failed to find any Amstrad graphics in the oldskool graphics category, so I guess something has to be done.

ralferoo

Quote from: MacDeath on 02:36, 20 July 15
Do they accept remote entries in oldskool graphics ?

Sundown 2014 - Demozoo

I failed to find any Amstrad graphics in the oldskool graphics category, so I guess something has to be done.

The compo rules say that remote entries need to be submitted by Saturday (although the date is last year's Saturday)

I'd say generally at most parties the rules for any remote entry in whatever category are: if there are loads of entries and the remote isn't very good, it's just not accepted so that the owner can submit it elsewhere instead, otherwise if there aren't many entries or it's especially good, it is accepted.

The remote entry thing is really just a balancing act. If there are plenty of local entries, you really want someone who's actually turned up and supported the party to win, but if there aren't enough entries you want remote entries to make it a competition - most places will cancel a competition with fewer than 2 entries rather than giving a default prize.

Also, just wanted to make it obvious that I'm just a punter and not involved with the compo orgs at any party, what I wrote above is just what I've seen happening at various parties.