News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Brexit. UK Politics.

Started by Munchausen, 20:46, 23 February 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

First you guys leave the EU, now the Euro2016? You guys really don't want to have anything to do with Europe at the moment, do you? :P

Bryce.

1024MAK

The U.K. - It's not broken, it just hasn't been fixed yet.  :P

<goes and hides under a rock in a dark cave hoping it's just a nightmare and that in the daylight of the morning, everything will be alright...>
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

Puresox

Quote from: Bryce on 22:06, 27 June 16
First you guys leave the EU, now the Euro2016? You guys really don't want to have anything to do with Europe at the moment, do you? :P

Bryce.
Hahaha , Yep no question our English team is and always is utter bollocks , the trouble is with us is our country is too interested in the money making Premiership where we bring the best players from inthe world ,to our league , and the development of homegrown talent is non existent. No sympathy for them , this continually occurs . Come on Wales , there's a team with passion .
Utter Joke

Oh and I can't not give huge praise to Iceland ! Good Luck to you guys ! You deserve it , I will be backing you along with Wales .

SRS

Quote from: Puresox on 22:28, 27 June 16
Oh and I can't not give huge praise to Iceland ! Good Luck to you guys ! You deserve it , I will be backing you along with Wales .

Iceland, Wales - as long as the weltmeister wins, all is good

Trebmint

I really do wonder why people seem to be so suddenly anti the UK? All we've done is vote and I've always been told democracy is a good thing - but it appears not to be

Misel982001

Britain has become great again. I am not going to fully analyze the effects of Brexit but some things are important to be mentioned. First of all it is not only a matter of economics. Most if not all people who argue against Brexit are constantly saying that it is an economic suicide. It is a matter of National Pride. Great Britain won 2 world wars and instead of being the dominant power in Europe it was reduced to a third country status inside the EU. Its infrastructure and industry passed to non UK hands and its economy created huge deficits mostly because of the ridiculous bureaucracy of the Brussels. The City of London is the world's top financial center and it had serious problems inside the EU. Although the UK is among the top oil producing countries of Europe it was "forced" on great deficits (as France, Spain, Ireland and Finland did) in a union that MUST obey to the Germans. The UK was clearly suffocating and additionally it was forced to receive immigrants who take jobs from the british youth, pay their welfare, pay for their muslim children and reaching the NHS to its limits. Many lads send money to their countries every day offering nothing more than some work. Because of the  Dublin II Treaty the UK was paying them to come into its territory while they were causing so much damage! Finally, they had the right to vote. Imagine that, Pakistans, Bangladeshis and I don't know who else had the right to decide about the UK policy and the fate of its future generations! Sorry , but no one with a British heart would tolerate those for much longer. Well done Lads of Great Britain! You have proven yourselves brave and determined for once more. As in WW2 you fought alone for a time and won, you'll win again your country back from this German Union. 

Puresox

Thank you Misel , some decent words there.
My point I missed in my last post , is that , I love each country for it's individuality . That is what makes the world great . Not trying to make everyone the same . Yes it is important that we work together . But we are all unique and offer so much . I think we all are a far more civilised bunch anyway apart from the odd extremists. I look forward to a new Britain that struggles through the hardships and I think that is when people shine. When you have to make or be broken ,Sink or Swim etc . I assure you all in Europe that we have a great love for you guys ,it is just about us being master of your own destiny .

1024MAK

Quote from: Misel982001 on 22:58, 27 June 16
Britain has become great again. I am not going to fully analyze the effects of Brexit but some things are important to be mentioned. First of all it is not only a matter of economics. Most if not all people who argue against Brexit are constantly saying that it is an economic suicide. It is a matter of National Pride. Great Britain won 2 world wars and instead of being the dominant power in Europe it was reduced to a third country status inside the EU. Its infrastructure and industry passed to non UK hands and its economy created huge deficits mostly because of the ridiculous bureaucracy of the Brussels. The City of London is the world's top financial center and it had serious problems inside the EU. Although the UK is among the top oil producing countries of Europe it was "forced" on great deficits (as France, Spain, Ireland and Finland did) in a union that MUST obey to the Germans. The UK was clearly suffocating and additionally it was forced to receive immigrants who take jobs from the british youth, pay their welfare, pay for their muslim children and reaching the NHS to its limits. Many lads send money to their countries every day offering nothing more than some work. Because of the  Dublin II Treaty the UK was paying them to come into its territory while they were causing so much damage! Finally, they had the right to vote. Imagine that, Pakistans, Bangladeshis and I don't know who else had the right to decide about the UK policy and the fate of its future generations! Sorry , but no one with a British heart would tolerate those for much longer. Well done Lads of Great Britain! You have proven yourselves brave and determined for once more. As in WW2 you fought alone for a time and won, you'll win again your country back from this German Union.

Err, I think you will find that our own politicians and political class did most of the damage, not the EU.
Margaret Thatcher killed the coal industry and deregulated the banks and financial companies (opening the way eventually to a banking crash). Her government also sold off many industries. John Major continued the sell offs. By the end we had private electricity companies, private gas companies, private water companies, a broken privatised railway.

Margaret Thatcher also introduced the right to buy scheme, whereby tenants of local government (council) houses and flats could buy them well below market value. Yes the people loved that. But now, the young (20 year to 30 year olds, and in some cases 30 to 40 year olds) can't get affordable houses (for rent or to buy). As there is very little public housing left, and councils are not building very many houses now.

In the recent recession, although unemployment did not rise as much as expected, and has since fallen. There have been freezes on wages with no increases, or very small increases. As is often the case, the rich get richer or don't loose too much, but the low paid workers loose out.

In the NHS and in teaching, the number of young able to train up has fallen as places have been cut. That is part of the reason that the NHS relies on qualified nurses and doctors from overseas.

I could go on, but you get the idea...

1024MAK

Quote from: Puresox on 23:09, 27 June 16
Thank you Misel , some decent words there.
My point I missed in my last post , is that , I love each country for it's individuality . That is what makes the world great . Not trying to make everyone the same . Yes it is important that we work together . But we are all unique and offer so much . I think we all are a far more civilised bunch anyway apart from the odd extremists. I look forward to a new Britain that struggles through the hardships and I think that is when people shine. When you have to make or be broken ,Sink or Swim etc . I assure you all in Europe that we have a great love for you guys ,it is just about us being master of your own destiny .

Hmm, you make a good case for Scotland, Wales, NI and the different regions of England splitting off from the UK...

SRS

bla bla bla you'll win again your country back from this German Union.

Who forced YOU to vote to get into this evil bad german union ? 

Men, I really thought this stupid nationalism times where over. They are not ? I want all my taxes back that where paid into "europe" ... better to put them into tanks and bombers to defend my people against your kind

(If you find bitter sarcasm, keep it)

Shaun M. Neary

Sorry , but no one with a British heart would tolerate those for much longer. Well done Lads of Great Britain! You have proven yourselves brave and determined for once more. As in WW2 you fought alone for a time and won, you'll win again your country back from this German Union.

This made me laugh. This is the same mentality of those who think "Britain built empires, we don't need Europe"

Let's look at the hard facts.

- The 350 million a week that was going to the NHS instead, that's not happening.
- The tightening of your borders, that's not happening either.
- Before the vote was even finished, your currency took a massive spiral down, meanwhile screwing up global economy and reeking havoc with the stock exchange.
- Northern Ireland and Scotland don't even want to be associated with Great Britain at this point in time.

I've friends across the UK, be it Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England, all of whom have always made me feel welcome if I'm going there to either work or to visit. They all think this vote was the dumbest thing ever to happen. And the hilarious part is? Exit supporters voted for nothing! Everything that leave voters voted for, was reneged less than TWO hours after the final votes were totalled. If you wish to call that a success, go right ahead, but you're deluding yourself.

PS: Europe didn't screw up things for Britain, your incompetent government did. By leaving the EU, Britain just took a massive suicide pill, and I feel so sorry for those who saw sense because democracy let them down by letting racists and bigots be blindsided into a vote that got them nothing in the long run.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

1024MAK

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: 1024MAK on 23:52, 27 June 16
Anger over 'Bregret' as Leave voters say they thought UK would stay in EU

Living proof that you should never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups...
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

1024MAK

1024MAK

Puresox

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 23:58, 27 June 16

Living proof that you should never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups...
Yes the government did fuck it up for the EU , the continual dissmisal of peoples concerns about Unbridled immigration has caused people to move to the extreme parties . Yes we know very well that immigration will continue for the time being , but it will be neccessary to have manageable levels rather than ungoverned levels . We want people from all over the world . We want controlled levels so that cultures can assimilate one another. If the Government hadn't just dissmissed everyone as Racist , And started to listening to concerns , we may well have not made this extreme move .

Puresox

The reality is ,there are very few racist people . You have racism in every culture also , Indians toward Pakistanis , African American's against Jews, the list goes on and on . The majority of people in Britain want to get on with people ,You get the extreme arseholes which are very vocal .but there numbers are insignificant

Puresox

Can each of your countries ,whichever you live in ,can you say that you have a racism problem? If you are honest with yourselves?

Trebmint

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 23:45, 27 June 16

This made me laugh. This is the same mentality of those who think "Britain built empires, we don't need Europe"

Let's look at the hard facts.

- The 350 million a week that was going to the NHS instead, that's not happening.
- The tightening of your borders, that's not happening either.
- Before the vote was even finished, your currency took a massive spiral down, meanwhile screwing up global economy and reeking havoc with the stock exchange.
- Northern Ireland and Scotland don't even want to be associated with Great Britain at this point in time.

I've friends across the UK, be it Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England, all of whom have always made me feel welcome if I'm going there to either work or to visit. They all think this vote was the dumbest thing ever to happen. And the hilarious part is? Exit supporters voted for nothing! Everything that leave voters voted for, was reneged less than TWO hours after the final votes were totalled. If you wish to call that a success, go right ahead, but you're deluding yourself.

PS: Europe didn't screw up things for Britain, your incompetent government did. By leaving the EU, Britain just took a massive suicide pill, and I feel so sorry for those who saw sense because democracy let them down by letting racists and bigots be blindsided into a vote that got them nothing in the long run.

Hmmmm. I have an issue with you calling most UK residents racist and bigots. Oh the irony because its a rather bigoted and racist comment imho. Britain has one of the largest and most multi-cultural populations in Europe . The extreme right or left doesn't exist like it does in many other large EU countries. Farage may have support here, but they got a fraction of the support Le Pen will get next year in France. I must admit that I cant argue the argument that it 'got them nothing in the long run' as unlike you I'm unable to see into the future.

As for tightening borders, well it may or may not happen. But at least we would have the ability to make laws to do so which we don't currently.

I will admit I doubt the 350 million NHS figure is correct either. However as far as I'm aware the person said it wasn't that much wasn't part of the group that claimed it was that high.

As for countries not wanting to be associated with Great Britain... well NI votes mostly sectarian and would never leave the UK. Scotland I believe should have an independence vote to decide. And if they do leave the UK I'm sure the EU (Germans) will be happy to have another small country to subsidize

The stock market may have taken a dive, and the pound fallen. But if you find truth in the way traders react to situations you're deluded. The markets are one big bubble mostly controlled by software thinking as far as milliseconds into the future. If you're affraid to do what you think is correct because the stock market might not like it then you are a coward and lack conviction. You might also like to note that the short term as we all knew would be rocky, but please look up how UK gilts did today. Despite all the fear 10 UK bonds fell to the lowest they have ever been? Strange is not that people would buy British debt at the lowest rate of return ever! The near term might look tough, but investors seem to think the UK will still be around and kicking 10 years from now.

The ECB is printing 85billion euros a month to buy its own debt... has had zero interest rates for 8 years... and now even has negative interest rates... Has countries needing to borrow cash to be able to pay back the debt they owe... and of course dictates and bullies the member countries that should never have joined and shames the ones who try and stand up for themselves like Greece... The fact that many banks in Italy and Spain are insolvent and even the mighty deutsche bank looks financially dubious... Brussels is just the home of lobbyists and corporations writing laws for the good of big business and not its population... Oh and the glorious TTIP trade deal (good luck with that little joy)

Just saying europe isnt exactly the sensible solution either. And yes the UK is just as screwed, and our politicians are as much to blame for that as the EU. Personally I believe A financial armageddon is coming for us all. If suicide is what it is, at least we've chosen our path

Puresox

With the Pound adjusting, it is time to regenerate our manufacturing ,of luxury goods .

Puresox

EU never loved us anyway , never took us out for meals , or romantic walks round the Eiffel tower .

MacDeath

can't get romantic walks around eiffel tower, too many tourists and beggars... it just kills it.

Puresox

Just a little example of my issues with the immigration issue.
I am Gas and Central Heating Engineer that runs my own business , I work for a lot of Landlords . The current job that I have been working on is getting the Central Heating and Hot Water , working and certified for the Lovely Guy who owns the premises which is going to be a 'Creams' Outfit which is a flashy outfit which deals in Italian Ice creams and related sweets, they are a franchise and have places in London and Birmingham, Brighton etc. Today was there first day of training all of there staff . Now out of all the people there  Four of us were British born . 'Haroon' The Owner,His son, the Main Manager , Another guy who was the Handyman and myself the Gas and Central Heating Engineer . The rest of the staff totalled 23 people , which were all lovely people but were all Polish and Portuguese immigrants. The Portuguese guy could not speak a jot of English.  His staff were employed without the Boss advertising , they were all tennants that live in his properties. These are all jobs that British born people would be ecstatic to take on as a job , if they had the opportunity. This is what upsets people. The Government makes continual claims that British people are not interested in the jobs.
Other than this point , many of the workmen that were employed prior to the opening ,were immigrants , they were being paid £40 a day (Which for a start is a disgrace to pay a skilled man a wage so low , shameful) the consequence of this is that other British skilled workmen ,Electricians,Plumbers are having their work taken from them , plus it has the effect of lowering the wages of Skilled labour . This is taking money out of my pocket and all the rest of us. Now this is just one example of one instance , but it goes on all the time I witness it because I work with many of the large developers. And No I do not report them for this practise because they are only using there heads to make the most money for themselves. This is where the Government should be Managing things too prevent these practises happening. It is us who are being screwed , the workers , The guys with money are reaping the benefits from it .

Shaun M. Neary

Let me clear something up a bit here. I'm not for one second insinuating that every person in the UK is a racist, a bigot or both. All I'm trying to get across is that the leave campaign was based largely on racism. Let's close the borders and don't let any more immigrants in. Every country in Europe has this particular issue, but you don't see them fleeing from it. The leave side went for the 'grass is greener' bullshit campaign, and then went 'Oh shit!' when they realised that they actually had to follow through with it.

Is the EU perfect? Of course not, but Britain is not the power it once was way back when, let's be honest. And I'm not saying that with disrespect, but the EU will work just fine without the UK, the UK on the other hand will struggle with many business moving to Ireland, Germany amongst others. It was a silly move based on false promises that were ultimately culled the second the leave campaigners got what they wanted. Leaving a lot of voters on both sides of the fence equally angry, and a lot of people crapping themselves.

Trebmint

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 02:05, 28 June 16
Let me clear something up a bit here. I'm not for one second insinuating that every person in the UK is a racist, a bigot or both. All I'm trying to get across is that the leave campaign was based largely on racism. Let's close the borders and don't let any more immigrants in. Every country in Europe has this particular issue, but you don't see them fleeing from it. The leave side went for the 'grass is greener' bullshit campaign, and then went 'Oh shit!' when they realised that they actually had to follow through with it.

Is the EU perfect? Of course not, but Britain is not the power it once was way back when, let's be honest. And I'm not saying that with disrespect, but the EU will work just fine without the UK, the UK on the other hand will struggle with many business moving to Ireland, Germany amongst others. It was a silly move based on false promises that were ultimately culled the second the leave campaigners got what they wanted. Leaving a lot of voters on both sides of the fence equally angry, and a lot of people crapping themselves.

I understand you're just trying to support your view, but the idea that the people of the UK woke up and instantly regretted that decision is wrong. You can cling to the idea that we had a mass one day delusion if you want.

I dont doubt that some companies will move from the UK. But you can also cling to the delusion that UK business will want to move to Ireland? ??? France, yeah perhaps. Germany, yeah probably a good move. But Ireland where the only thing you have going is the tax break, which might help companies but not the people. Ireland the country where the most basic item of life after air and which falls freely from the sky is something many Irish people cant afford. Business will join the mainland, not Ireland.

Another bit of good news for countries who like low tax for business like Ireland. The UK will no longer be sending you our VAT money! The UK consumer gives over 22billion pounds in VAT to Luxembourg alone each year... Companies that don't wish to pay the tax in the country's they operate in can either leave or pay. They will pay