News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

OUYA

Started by Ynot.zer0, 17:59, 11 July 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Ynot.zer0

I took a look at this yesterday and pledged for the $99 (with $20 P&P), just as it seems too cheap to be true and I'm curious if it'll ever appear.  The total amount pledged at that time was at around $200k....

OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console by OUYA - Kickstarter

Then I checked it this morning, $2m had been pledged, it's now nearly up to $3m.... and growing.

Hey, if it's running Android & it can run a CPC emulator, that's enough of an excuse for me to like it   :P

Bryce

Shit, for $3m I'd have designed you one of those, brought it over to hand it to you personally and you get to call it the Ynot.zer0 Console for all I care!

Bryce.

Gryzor

Reaching for 5m with 23 days to go. I really hope it gets off the ground, with XMBC being launched on the Android platform it'd make a tremendous media player/games machine/small pc thingie. It looks cute, too, and it's very small. And the price point is fantastic. Only thing is, concerning games, that I can't imagine how you'd play touch control titles. Pigs and Water come to mind. If you could use your mobile screen as a wireless controller it'd be even sweeter!