News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Aerial/RCA cable wanted

Started by Gryzor, 15:38, 20 June 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello guys!

Anyone has got a spare lying around? I'm talking about those cables that came with the Speccy (and c64?) that have a normal aerial plug for the TV, but a RCA/coax on the other.

It would be much, much appreciated! :)

T

Bryce

I'm sure I have a few lying about. If you can't find one nearer, then let me know and I'll send one over.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Thanks, mate! I don't think I can find any nearer - I'm the guy others ask for cables, usually (yesterday I was at that retro cafe and the owner asked me "would you happen to have a 2600 PSU on you?". That's how far it goes), so I wouldn't hold my breath...

But let's see if any other kind soul steps up :)

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:43, 20 June 13
the owner asked me "would you happen to have a 2600 PSU on you?".

I assume you had one with you, didn't you? No? That must have been embarrassing, I always carry one with me just in case. :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

Actually, I had a multi-setting PSU with a collection of plugs in the back of the car. One was a fit, so it would work, but I needed it :)

beaker

Which version of the 2600 do you have? I just missed out on a light sixer :(

Gryzor

Heavy sixers are better :)

No Atari involved, I want it for a vintage portable TV that has an RCA input. I want to pass a DTV receiver's signal to it.

Now that I think of it though, the old machines used RCA for output and had the male connector on the other side. But here I want a *female* aerial plug... is there even such a cable?

steve_ancell

I'm not sure if this helps, I just found one of those RCA to TV cables on ebay, but I'm ont sure if TV's on your part of the world have the same plug as the UK. I'm also not sure if the postage costs would justify getting it from a UK ebayer.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum RF Computer to TV Lead - New | eBay

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:17, 20 June 13
Now that I think of it though, the old machines used RCA for output and had the male connector on the other side. But here I want a *female* aerial plug... is there even such a cable?

Time to get out the soldering iron then.

Bryce.

Gryzor

@Steve: yeah, that's the one, though as I said turns out I need a female aerial plug...

@Bryce: my thinking exactly :D WIll go downtown soon enough... Also, this way it'll be as short as I want it :)

beaker

Gryzor

D'oh! I must have a few of these lying around, dammit! :D