News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Anyone wanna sell a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Computer?

Started by mr_lou, 18:42, 27 September 13

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesBrothers

[attach=4][attach=5][attach=6][attach=3]

BluesBrothers

[attach=6][attach=7][attach=8][attach=4][attach=5][attach=2][attach=3]

BluesBrothers

For some reason the rest of my pics keep failing security checks  :( .
Anyway you should have a fairly good idea of condition from what has uploaded.

I'll try and use links for the 2nd machine and see if these upload any better.

TheCorfiot

00WReX

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

mr_lou

Very nice pictures indeed.

Just to be 100% sure, this is only one of the machines, right? I'm asking, because I see two different years on two screens shots. First 1980, and then 1981.

My mate will be viewing the pictures within the hour. Looking forward to hearing what he'll say.

Can you please PM me which of the items on the photos you're including with the offer you made?

BluesBrothers

Yeah, it's the same machine, the years are the release dates for software.

I'll post images of the 2nd machine after lunchtime today. Was hoping to have it done already but have been landed with kids till lunchtime so the chances of getting any work done are next to none existant ::)

BluesBrothers

[attach=9][attach=8][attach=7][attach=5][attach=6][attach=3][attach=4][attach=2]

System 2 photos

mr_lou

Quote from: BluesBrothers on 13:58, 02 October 13System 2 photos

That also looks very nice. To be honest, I'm having trouble seeing what the big difference is between the two.
Apart from the accessories of system 1, which we will need though. Is the price difference because of the accessories?

Bryce

You got prices? He hasn't sent me any more info yet :(

Bryce.

BluesBrothers

Am just having difficulties uploading shots of just the computer but when I have you will be able to see that the aluminium is quite as pristine as on the first one especially when you enlarge or even supersize the photo thumbnails. Let me try and get these other images on and then we can chew the fat about price, condition, accessories, etc

BluesBrothers

Quote from: Bryce on 14:20, 02 October 13
You got prices? He hasn't sent me any more info yet :(

Bryce.

Sorry Bryce,

I'm just trying to get all the images on and it's been a bit mental here as soon as all the pics are up I will be in touch

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 14:20, 02 October 13You got prices? He hasn't sent me any more info yet :(

Not exactly. Just that the first one was more expensive than the 2nd one. And then he suggested a price for the first one. Don't know about the 2nd one yet. So nothing 100% definite yet.

Devilmarkus

[trollmode]
"Solid State Software" Cool:

They already had a Solid State Drive?
[/trollmode]

Nice machine, great photos!
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

mr_lou

Well, my mate has decided to not get one of these (this time anyway).

So if anyone else is interested in one of these machines, go right ahead and jump in.  :)

Gryzor

BluesBrothers

Didn't know Texas Instruments and Thermos were sister companies did you  :laugh:

Gryzor

This was the age of innovation and experimentation, remember. Others made breadbins.

BluesBrothers

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:59, 23 October 13
This was the age of innovation and experimentation, remember. Others made breadbins.

Yeah but these were a damn site nicer to look at than the other kitchenalia  :laugh:

Gryzor

[ot]Don't know about kitchenalia but I so love this little shoebox I could learn how to code on it switch its switches if I only had one!

[/ot]

Andy Ferguson

Mine's on ebay now. Based in UK. Check it out?

Puresox

The early model is a stunner IMO, I haven't read the whole of this thread so , probably missed all the answers to my questions.Are  Pal versions hard to find , And game compatibility , Are cartridges an expensive commodity, are they rare to find etc etc.

Bryce

The monitor output of the Ti99 is a bit of a pain. Certain cartridges were very common (I think they came with a few cartridges thrown in) and can be found very cheaply. Other cartridges go for a lot more. Ti games only work on that machine and no other machines games will work on it.

The machine itself is easy to find, but finding one without damage / dents to the metal plate isn't that easy.

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 08:39, 13 July 16
Certain cartridges were very common (I think they came with a few cartridges thrown in) and can be found very cheaply. Other cartridges go for a lot more. Ti games only work on that machine and no other machines games will work on it.

I bought 2 multi-game cartridges a while back for it. Still haven't had a chance to check them out though.  :(
Hopefully soon....