News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Arcade boards

Started by Bryce, 08:42, 16 May 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Hi all,
     this morning I received two arcade boards (original with Jamma connection) for the games Cabal and 1943. I was given them to extract spare parts, but they are in relatively good condition. I'll test them later. If they work and anyone is interested in them let me know, otherwise they'll be stripped down.

I'll add some pictures later when I have time.

Bryce.

Edit: Cabal definitely doesn't work, I've spotted some physical damage on the PCB, but this could easily be repaired.

ralferoo

I'd be very tempted with the 1943 board, but I've had my JAMMA adaptor, joysticks, buttons and 60-in-1 board (which includes a buggy 1943 emulator) for about a year and still haven't found time to build a cabinet, so I'd probably best not ask for it as it'll be another thing sitting around my house unused...  :o

mr_lou

Stripping down a working arcade board sounds bad to me...

Surely you can easily find someone who'll be interested in it. Otherwise I know I can.

Bryce

The person who gave me the PCBs, took them from a metre high pile of unsorted Arcade PCBs. Most of them have physical damage and were only kept for spare parts. His business restores Arcade cabinets, so he has several hunderd lying about. Cabal isn't all that interesting (I thought the game was crap even back then), I only mentioned them because 1943 was included and was/is quite a popular game.

I can get more of these, but they would also be in the same state of dis-repair and I don't get to choose what game I get.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Aw come on, Cabal was nice! As was - what was its title? Western Bros? And Nam '75 of course :)

mahlemiut

Blood Bros.?
- Barry Rodewald

Carnivius

Yeah Blood Bros.    Wild Guns on SNES was very similar in theme and gameplay and quite good fun.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

McKlain

Blood Bros was even funnier to play than Cabal. 1943 is a gem of a shooter.

Bryce

Yeah 1943 is a real classic, but I have very similar shooters (Strikers 1945 / Aero fighters etc) on my Neo Geo, so I don't really want to build it all up just for one game. Besides, the PCBs are "land a small plane on it" huge, so you can't really consolise them. Which reminds me, I forgot to upload pictures of them.

Bryce.

MacDeath

My Brother recently went into the Arcade stuff... he has a JAMA cabinet.

He would clearly be interested in those cards if possible.

Cabal was one of our favourite arcade so if you can send it, how much would it cost?

1943 is also one of our "special bros" classic.

Just tell me what do I need to please you.

I can even send you some of my exes GF...er..0 no i was kidding on this. (iJoke... working for Apple is hard on me)

Bryce

Well I promised some pictures of the boards, so here they are. The Cabal Board is 36cm x 32cm. It's made up of 2 boards connected with 2x 50way headers. The 1943 board is about 2/3 the size, but it has 3 PCBs sandwiched on top of each other. I've put a standard CPC cassette (AA Birthday Gift Pack) in the picture to give some sense of scale. The Cabal board has a damaged 220µf capacitor (on the right above the DIP switches), but other than that it seems to be in decent condition, no broken tracks or anything. Unfortunately I can't test it because it needs a whopping 16A to boot as far as I know and I don't have a supply here that can do that.

MacDeath, I'll PM you about Cabal.

Bryce.

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

TotO

Just for fun, I got some pictures of my Arcade PCBs with me...

Gauntlet 1 & 2 (ROM switch):
[attach=2]

Ghouls'N Ghosts:
[attach=3]

Radian Silvergun:
[attach=4]

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

Gauntlet looks to be on about the same level as Cabal and 1943, those other two boards look a lot more modern.

Bryce.

TotO

The Gauntlet PCB (1986) is really Big and was only used for those 2 games.

The Ghouls'N Ghosts PCB (1988) is not so much modern, but came from Japan, not USA.
CPS was used for many famous games like Forgotten Worlds, Strider, U.N. Squadron, Final Fight,  Street Fighter II...

The RSG PCB (1998) is Sega Saturn based and use cartridges like a video game console.
Sure, it's not really interesting here. :D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)