General Category > Other retro

Emulator to play mario bros?

(1/3) > >>

SamanthaB:
HI guys,

Im totally new to this, Im a Mario Bros fan but I dont have a nintendo. I was told to look for an emulator?? to play it. Can someone help me on how to do this? I have included a great Mario Bros font for my little contribution to the forum :)

Devilmarkus:
Not sure if you found the right forum...

Gryzor:
Hello Samantha,

In this forum we tend to focus on the Amstrad CPC range of computer, not Nintendo. I'm sure there are plenty of Nintendo-focused fora that will help you much better, however:

You can see here: The Emulator Zone - Nintendo NES Emulators for NES emulators (no idea how up-to-date it is though). Keep in mind that you will need the emulator (which is the program that emulates the NES hardware), the system ROM (which is the system's software - as far as I know it's not delivered with the emulators for copyright reasons, but you can find it elsewhere) and the game ROM you want to play. There's also an online emulator, VirtualNES.com , where you can play games in your browser, though I guess you would need a rather fast computer to run it at full speed.

Other than that, I'm sure there are quite a few remakes that run on Windows where you won't need an emulator. See New Super Mario Forever 2012 - CNET Download.com or Free Super Mario 3 : Mario Forever Download for instance, though I don't know how faithful to the original they are (never been a Mario fan myself!).

If you need any more help don't hesitate to post here - I've moved your post to the "other retro" section where it's more appropriate. Oh, and thanks for the lovely font!

Carnivius:

--- Quote from: Gryzor on 19:43, 29 May 13 ---the system ROM (which is the system's software - as far as I know it's not delivered with the emulators for copyright reasons, but you can find it elsewhere)

--- End quote ---

Out of all the NES emulators I've used on PC or PSP I can't think of any that needed a system rom so I presume they're included if not built into the emulator itself.

Gryzor:
Really? You'd think with Nintendo's copyright divisionfighting WW3 this wouldn't be the case - especially since they're re-releasing games on newer platforms. Good to know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version