News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Finally, now I can get all the chicks...

Started by Gryzor, 08:39, 27 April 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like this to be scanned?

Yes
12 (85.7%)
No
0 (0%)
Already have it
0 (0%)
I'm so crap at games, that nothing, including this book would be of any use to me.
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Gryzor

robcfg

And what does your wife think about it?  ;D

Jokes aside, nice book! Any chance you're scanning it so be can beat Syx's PacMan emulator?

Gryzor

She's super excited to see all the scorez I'll be bringing in. Of course we have a different definition for "score" :D

It's quite a few pages, but if there's demand sure, I'll do it. I'm starting a poll to see :)

Bryce

The Poll is missing the option: "I'm so crap at games, that nothing, including this book would be of any use to me".

Bryce.

Gryzor

Bryce

Gryzor

Well, in your case shouldn't it be "I hax0rz the hardwarz to win"?

MacDeath

I wanted to answer "LOL" but I couldn't...

Gryzor

Bryce

Hardware cheating is possible in some very rare cases. Back in the 80's I built a special "Daley Thompson Joystick", just to beat the Decathalon game. It consisted of a handle you turned with 16 switches. One turn of the handle was equivalent to moving the joystick back and forth 8 times. It not only meant that Daley easily ran at full speed, but it also saved my joystick from an early death.

Bryce.

beaker

Quote from: Bryce on 12:19, 27 April 12
Hardware cheating is possible in some very rare cases. Back in the 80's I built a special "Daley Thompson Joystick", just to beat the Decathalon game. It consisted of a handle you turned with 16 switches. One turn of the handle was equivalent to moving the joystick back and forth 8 times. It not only meant that Daley easily ran at full speed, but it also saved my joystick from an early death.

Bryce.

Shame it didn't vibrate, then you would have had all the chicks...  :laugh:

Bryce

I'll add that option to version 2.0 :D

Bryce.

SyX

Quote from: robcfg on 08:42, 27 April 12
Jokes aside, nice book! Any chance you're scanning it so be can beat Syx's PacMan emulator?
Well, you can use the next guides  ;)

Gryzor

@Bryce: ...and of course you don't have it or a pic, do you?

Bryce

It's probably still in a box somewhere in Ireland. It wasn't pretty though. It was made of three pieces of wood and 16 nails with wires attached. Its design was inspired by a local "Wheel of Fortune" at a fair I had been to and it sounded like a football rattle when you used it. Not my proudest hardware moment I must admit.

Bryce.