News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on Crowdfunding

Started by SyX, 16:47, 21 May 12

Previous topic - Next topic

SyX

The last few weeks i have been following a lot of interesting retro projects in kickstarter and similar sites of crowdfunding, as the "Star Castle for Atari 2600" or the "Turrican Soundtrack Anthology". And few moments ago, i have seen "From Bedrooms to Billions", a documental about the story of videogames creation in UK, with interviews of a lot of people that worked for our CPCs. Who knows how long before we see a CPC crowdfunded project?  ;)

But in the meantime, i have though that we could do the same that with the "Latest on Ebay" thread and if anybody see one retro crowdfunding project that he like, then he could put the link here, because sure we can find interesting too :)

MacDeath

"From Bedrooms to Billions"

This looks interesting, gonna have a closer look.

ervin

Quote from: MacDeath on 02:50, 22 May 12
"From Bedrooms to Billions"

This looks interesting, gonna have a closer look.

Indeed it does!
I've pledged, and I really hope it gets fully funded.

SyX - thanks for the heads-up.

SyX

No worries, Ervin  ;)

I enjoy the "worldwide retro culture" . I would like to see one about Melbourne House/Beam Software and rest of Australia developers during 80s/90s, too.

MacDeath

I hope the same would be done for the french and the spanish game industry...

I like the way they want to do it.

We have some video game related channels in France :
GameOne and No-Life

But they don't do it with such seriousness...

Gameone is owned by MTV and is not really seriously into this... consolefags mostly.
Yet there is a show : retro-gameone... but the guy who host the show is not very serious, I often heard a lot of abysmal innaccuracies.

No-Life is more Geeky and serious, but again, Japanese consolefag mostly.
And I also heard some innaccuracies concerning those 80's retro computers...

>:(

SyX

@MacDeath: Come on!!! No-Life is AMAZING!!! I only have seen a few short videos form this TV Channel, one where they comment the R-Type 2012 and in other they were talking about Target Renegade for CPC and for the people with Freebox is even free. You are very lucky, Spain is a dessert ;) ... and we better don't talk about magazines because you have Pix'N'Love and we have a shit translation without localization of the Retro Gamer UK >:(