News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Looking for a -no, not game... sci-fi movie :D

Started by Gryzor, 19:05, 13 April 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

I remember watching a sci-fin movie with my dad on TV , probably mid-80s. It has stuck with me and pops up in my head from time to time but don't remember much about it. Only that it involved a parallel universe and a mirror earth where objects were mirrored (for some reason). I remember the main character looking at some after-shave bottle and realising he's on the wrong planet.

Rings a bell?

Ynot.zer0

...and at the end the guy is old, stuck in the wrong universe and is in a wheel chair and he wheels into a mirror at the end of the hallway?.... if so, it's the same one that I cannot recall the name of!

Gryzor

You know, as I was reading your description (SPOILER!), a tingle went through my brain... yes, that's the one!!!! Ok, maybe I'll try some amazon IMDB keywords :)

dcdrac

it was made by Gerry Anderson Journey to the far side of the Sun

Doppelgänger (1969) - IMDb

Gryzor

Frak, just as I yelled "THEY FOUND IT!" to my girl, she said, "Doppelganger"? She found it the same moment... :D

Oooh thanks so much mate...

(finding it, now, is an entire different thing...)

Gryzor

Just one question, how did you guys know it? Is it a known film?

dcdrac

and of course reverse polarity

now the space 1999 eagles.......still great

Space: 1999 -Tribute to the eagles-

dcdrac

Its on here in the UK quite often been a while since I last saw it myself and that was onBBC2 about 5 years ago

Gryzor

Oh god, the trailer is so cheesy :D Downloading it right now, this calles for a pop-corn night :)

TFM

Quote from: dcdrac on 19:55, 13 April 13
it was made by Gerry Anderson Journey to the far side of the Sun

Doppelgänger (1969) - IMDb
Of course :-) And this movie was derived from an episode of the twilight zone (season 4). You can watch em all on hulu.com
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dcdrac

This is the film that inspired me to work in computers, I want to know how to turn the things off if we needed to
The Forbin Project

Colossus - The Forbin Project (1970) Part 1

TFM

First... you need a good OS for that. An expert system, not the usual WIMP OS for Wimps ;-)
Second... well, we don't let the others know ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Of course! That brings me to a couple other movies like... 2001, Colossus, Gunhed(great movie), Wargames and finally Tron.
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Gryzor

Damn, I don't have a DVD player :D

(thanks for the PM, too :) )

Bryce

You don't have a DVD player?? How do you watch video?

Bryce.

TheCorfiot

Quote from: Bryce on 09:43, 17 April 13
You don't have a DVD player?? How do you watch video?

Bryce.

He still has his stockpile of old VHS cassettes, Debbie does Dallas being always top of the pile  :laugh:

TC  ;D

Gryzor

@Bryce: I read the plot on IMDB, then close my eyes and use my imagination, what do you think?

After having my really nice home theater set sitting unused except as a receiver for over a year and a half I gave it away and set up and proper components AV set, and the only movie input it's got is my WD media player. So it's all digital for me :)

@TheCorfiot: Alas, I ran that tape to the ground to the point I couldn't recognise the moans from the VHS player trying to rotate the tape...

Bryce

Gryzor

Yes, that's what I do when I can't find it on a torrent :D