News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

MAME Light-Gun?

Started by Gryzor, 17:11, 15 February 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello guys!

Anyone knows of a nice cheap lightgun solution for my MAME cab?

Cheers...

SyX

Google give me this, but you will need to find reviews for more details ;)

Gryzor

I thought maybe someone had tried one, when I was asking here, but this looks sweet! It even supports LCD screens, which is a boon.

has anyone uses MAME with a lightgun? I think it may not be such a straightforward issue...

[EDIT] Someone mentions sensors in the comments... I wonder how and if...

SyX

From what I've read, you put the sensor in the screen (as Wii and similars), but as i told you, look reviews to be sure, because i have found this, but other people has not found that problem ;)

Gryzor

Yes, something like that. I wonder how it will work on a cab which has a glass over the actual screen... Also, somehow I doubt two of these can work together, so no 2UP... Thanks for pointing me towards it though, I'm reading on it. It's supposed to work fine with MAME!

Xyphoe

Dude! Totally let  me know how you get on... I would love them for my MAME cab!

Seems the Aimtrac ones are the best maybe?

But hmmm the Top Guns have recoil!!

Gryzor

Unfortunately I don't think I'm getting one. These require the user to stand quite a long distance from the screen (2m probably) to get a proper and accurate target, and I don't have that much space.

Bryce found a source for real arcade guns. The real deal, very sturdy too. I sent them an email asking them about the interface but they never got back to me :(

Yes, Aimtrac seems the way to go... though expensive. Damn, I'd like one, as I'd like a trackball...

TotO

I got two real arcade guns looking like that (but red), like new.
Someone may be Interested?

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Well, me, but what interface do they use?

TotO

I have to take a look saturday or sunday.
A 4 or 6 inline pins connector.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Yeah, but... it is jamma-compatible?

TotO

I doubt, because it's intended to be used on shooting games PCB with those connectors.
But, if it's to use on a CPC, you need the pinout to handle them. Not a JAMMA board.

Gryzor

Ah, a shame. I only want it for my PC arcade...

TotO

I think lightguns need a CRT screen to work. It's the case ?

Gryzor

Yes, it's true, unless you have sensors located on the screen like the ones in the first reply here.

My arcade cab is a normal, CRT cab with a PC and a JAMMA standard connector...