News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Prince of Persia source released

Started by Gryzor, 07:33, 18 April 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Mechner just released the code he found for the Apple II. I envy those who can read it!

jmechner/Prince-of-Persia-Apple-II · GitHub

Bryce

I can read it! :) .... Oh wait, you mean understand it :( Hmmm.

Bryce.

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:33, 18 April 12
Mechner just released the code he found for the Apple II.
Nice for Oric and others MOS CPU based systems to finaly get the game. :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

SyX

Trivia: The box where the floppies with the source where found, had a lot of PoP CPC versions  :P

Gryzor

Ah, when I read the text and before looking at the photo I thought he found various versions of PoP CPC code...

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:36, 18 April 12
Ah, when I read the text and before looking at the photo I thought he found various versions of PoP CPC code...
And nothing said it was PoP on CPC too... Only Karateka is sure to be a CPC Tape version.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

ivarf

Quote from: TotO on 17:35, 18 April 12
And nothing said it was PoP on CPC too... Only Karateka is sure to be a CPC Tape version.

Jordan Mechner wrote
"No, I don't mean the stacks of Spanish Drosoft versions of POP and Karateka (though those are cool too, especially if you have an Amstrad computer with a cassette player). "

So Jordan Mechner wanted at the time to keep the CPC versions of Prince of Persia and Kareteka. Hmm, I wonder if the french coders of Prince of Persia had access to the sourcecode when writing the CPC version

Executioner

Quote from: Bryce on 08:20, 18 April 12
I can read it! :) .... Oh wait, you mean understand it :( Hmmm.

Looks quite well commented 6502 assembly. Would be easy enough to convert, but we already have a really good version on the CPC.