News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Slogger Pegasus 400 interface for the Acorn Electron

Started by Bryce, 11:41, 25 April 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

<Completely Off Topic and not even CPC related>

The Slogger Pegasus 400 is probably the easiest solution and should be easy enough to reproduce. I could probably reconstruct one just from the pictures shown here: Slogger Pegasus 400 Disc Interface for Electron

If I do, I'll let you know.

</Completely Off Topic and not even CPC related>

Bryce.

Badstarr

Oooo.... I like! It reminds me that I have a disk interface of my own to finish off lol. I have been neglecting it recently! I got a few CPC related goodies for my birthday, (which I have found out rather ironically I share with the Spectrum ARGGHH!) So my "plan B" GX4000 conversion will be fully functional within days hopefully!
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

robcfg

It's really a nice interface, if we can clone it I'd like one for sure!

It would give my Electron new life.

And the page is very interesting, I'm looking through the documentation they have.

Thanks!

Zyphon

It would be great if a clone for the Slogger Pegasus 400 could be made. This would be ideal for me to use with my Plus 1 expansion. I was tempted in buying a Plus 3 interface on eBay but sometimes you get ripped off by sellers inflating the price usually by adding the work *RARE* to their listings.

Alternatively, a while back I was looking into the GoMMC for the Electron, a neat add-on that allows you to load games via an SD Card and I believe it connects to the back edge connector on the Electron, check it out >>>Here<<<

Has anyone else seen/got this? I may have to invest in one.  :D

EDIT: Update, in order to connect the GoMMC to the Electron you will need a special 'GoMMC to Electron' interface. As quoted on the site. Also apparently it has been superceded by the 'GoSDC'.

Kind regards,
Michael

Amstrad CPC 464 with MP-1 TV Modulator

TFM

Maybe somebody (Gryzor!?!) can divide this thread in two parts (GT65 and Pegasus 400). So other interrested people could contribute / read it too.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Zyphon

Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:10, 26 April 12
Maybe somebody (Gryzor!?!) can divide this thread in two parts (GT65 and Pegasus 400). So other interrested people could contribute / read it too.
Sounds like a good idea seeing as we have appeared to go off-topic.  :D
Kind regards,
Michael

Amstrad CPC 464 with MP-1 TV Modulator

TotO

I give you your 400th like for Pegasus 400!  ???
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

MacDeath

the wires... they look quite un-professionnal, too organic and hand-drawed...

it's fun.
it wasn't drawed on a computer ?

MaV

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:35, 30 April 12
the wires... they look quite un-professionnal, too organic and hand-drawed...

it's fun.
it wasn't drawed on a computer ?
The boards were made in the 80s, back then this was quite common.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

MacDeath

even though, he could have used a ruler to draw straight lines. :laugh:

but the organic look is kool anyway. ;)

Bryce

That's a typical layout from the early 80's, especially for hardware from small companies that couldn't afford layout software. The layouts really were hand drawn. They had stencils for the component footprints, but the tracks were pretty much freehand.

Bryce.

MaV

Quote from: MacDeath on 20:59, 30 April 12
even though, he could have used a ruler to draw straight lines. :laugh:

but the organic look is kool anyway. ;)
If you look closely at the middle section of the board you can see that he indeed did use something like a ruler to draw straight lines if he had to draw a track between two holes. :D

MacDeath

Quotedraw a track between two holes.
technically, every tracks are between at least two holes... :laugh:

anyway, it was just a funny detail.

Bryce

Yes, there's track stencils for straight lines, curves etc, in several different widths. I still have one from back then. They are made of really thin steel. I don't use it any more though, for obvious reasons.

Bryce.

MaV

Quote from: MacDeath on 21:48, 30 April 12
technically, every tracks are between at least two holes... :laugh:

anyway, it was just a funny detail.
*sigh*
A little redundancy sometimes doesn't hurt.