News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Wanted: looking for a working Archimedes 3000 computer

Started by Garrettimus, 15:40, 09 February 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrettimus

Please, contact me if you have one for sale.

Marcus.

Bryce

Why would anyone in their right mind want one of th... na forget it, I don't need to know.

Ebay UK is the best place to find them, there are two for sale ther at the moment, but they will cost a fortune to send to Brazil.

Bryce.

robcfg

Bryce

Here's a "most likely working" A3000 and the seller is willing to ship worldwide...

alter PC ACORN 3000 mit Zubehör 90er Jahre | eBay

Bryce.

Gryzor

Bryce

Oh not you too! What is it with this machine? Where's the interesting bit?

Bryce.

Gryzor

MaV

Quote from: Bryce on 11:50, 20 March 12
Oh not you too! What is it with this machine? Where's the interesting bit?
Well, this one is faster than the Atari ST and Amiga of those days. And it has an ARM chip, and it plays Virus (Zarch).
Droooooooool!
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Bryce

True, but there were only about 50 games ever released for the machine. Although it does have one of my all time favourites: Swiv :) But it's big, bulky and not that interesting.

Bryce.

robcfg

An A3010 is a much better option, more compact Amiga\ST-style...  ;)

Bryce

My favourite from the 16-bit generation is still the Amiga A600HD, small, compact, fast and loads of software :) And you can make so many mods and expansions :)

Bryce.

Gryzor

My favorite 16-bitter is the CPC Plus - oh, wait...

PS Speaking of bulky, I have here on my work desk a Sharp PC-1403. I pretty much use it as a bog-standard calculator, but a.noone dares take it since they can't use it and b.it's a hit with da ladies!

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:14, 20 March 12
My favorite 16-bitter is the CPC Plus - oh, wait...
You mean 2 CPC Pluses?

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:14, 20 March 12
PS Speaking of bulky, I have here on my work desk a Sharp PC-1403. I pretty much use it as a bog-standard calculator, but a.noone dares take it since they can't use it and b.it's a hit with da ladies!

Ha! We must all be mad, I use a Sharp PC-1401, although it never assisted me in attracting any ladies :( I knew I should have gone for the 1403  >:(

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 14:30, 20 March 12
You mean 2 CPC Pluses?
That would also be dual-core (or rather, dual-CPU), wouldn't it?

Quote from: Bryce on 14:30, 20 March 12
Ha! We must all be mad, I use a Sharp PC-1401, although it never assisted me in attracting any ladies :( I knew I should have gone for the 1403  >:( 
Ah, my friend, it's the larger display indeed (note that the old-computers description is wrong in the details though) that does it!

I love this calculator to bits, wish I could find one in mint condition. I actually wrote a program once to calculate the ROI on something or the other. Of course it took me days where it would have taken me seconds to do it in Excel, but boy was the August slow and the result rewarding...

Bryce

ROI? You can calculate the Republic Of Ireland on one of those? Get in contact with Michael Noonan (Irish Minister for Finance), he's having difficulty with this calculation for the past few months.... He probably only has a 1401 too :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

I think the memory overflows if you try and calculate anything older* than the US on the simpler models.

*memory/older... got it? Ha, ha. Oh well...