News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

What is that - erm, pinball table?

Started by Gryzor, 16:44, 15 March 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Used to play this a LOT as a kid where we went summering, but can't recall the name...

It was themed around the fire service, featuring a fire truck and -I guess- buildings on fire. I remember it had a lower level too. The feature that made the most impression on me (and my dad) is that it had a ramp that led to a nice juicy reward; if, however, you did not shoot the ball with enough power it would come down the sink hole, so it was a high risk/reward thing.

Any ideas?

Gryzor

Oh god, I'm all misty-eyed now. I must look into pinball emulation now, of course... *sigh* wish my dad was here. He'd have a blast out of it.

Thanks, man...

Gryzor

*oof* Pinball emulation is quite complicated :D Are there all the tables available? (I don't mean ROMs, but the tables themselves...)

MacDeath

Pinball was such an awesome family of machines...

And yep, on computer it is not the same at all...

Still a good pinball game is quite cool, I remember the ones I played on my 486 PC... those used to be nice.
I suppose a good pinball need a good machine, because doing those balls trajectories in fast action could really be nasty.

Magic Pinball seems quite decent, but nothing extraordinary.
Any suggestion for the CPC?
Macadam bumper is all I played when I had a CPC...younger...

Devil's/Alien/etc Crush/Crash...

This series always looked great.
Strangely the PCengine version is totally awesome, SegaMD is shitfest... seriously?

Devil Crash - PC-Engine

I still can't understand why no cool modern "vertical256pix" pinball games on CPC/PLUS yet. ;)

I think i'm gonna try them all anyway.

Gryzor

Please don't hijack the thread unless you can offer some pinball table emulation tips :)

MacDeath

What do you call "emulation"?
Don't you mean simulation instead?

Gryzor