News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Beginner's guide

Started by GeorgeM, 08:21, 07 August 23

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeM

Hello, I have a good knowledge of the C programming language. Unfortunately, I don't know assembly language. I want to make a demonstration in C programming language. I have read several documents on this subject . Do you have any recommendations on how to do a demonstration in C programming language? Or should I not try to do the demonstration using C programming language? As a result, I will have to write an assembly program. It may be difficult for me to learn z80 assembler at this age. Looking forward to your advice.
I enjoy how some live sex cam sites have integration with social media platforms, making it easier to connect with favorite performers.
https://liveebonycam.net/black-vr-chat-avatars/
https://cammilf.net/creamy
https://ebonycamlive.net/ebony-free-web-cams/

McArti0

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Category:C

pay attention to CPCtelera if you want to see the effect quickly.
But if you want to get tired of working with CPC hardware, read CPCwiki.

ps. have you ever written code for a cpu around 0.3-0.5 MIPS ? :-D
CPC 6128, Whole 6128 and Only 6128, with .....
NewPAL v3 for use all 128kB RAM by CRTC as VRAM
TYPICAL :) TV Funai 22FL532/10 with VGA-RGB-in.

HAL6128

Some coders here around have made some good demos in C (Z88DK or SDCC in conjunction with assembler I assume) e.g. Productions - NoRecess (weebly.com).
If you want to kick the shit out of your CPC or program time critical processes you definitely need assembler.
CPCtelera is worth to have a look but still need assembler knowledge or know a CPC.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

eto

,,At this age"? 

See it as a challenge. I also started learning assembler 2 years ago ;-)

Anthony Flack

Honestly I think figuring out Z80 ASM might be easier than figuring out CPCTelera. Well ok, I haven't tried figuring out CPCTelera but learning Z80 ASM is not difficult - because there aren't many instructions to learn - and at least that way you know exactly what the CPU is up to, and when you debug, the code you see running is the same code you wrote.

My advice would be to fire up WinAPE and try running a few really simply ASM routines (like filling the screen memory with a particular byte value for instance) and calling from BASIC to get a feel for things.

McArti0

assembler is like C with 98% of the pages in the documentation ripped out and that never were.
CPC 6128, Whole 6128 and Only 6128, with .....
NewPAL v3 for use all 128kB RAM by CRTC as VRAM
TYPICAL :) TV Funai 22FL532/10 with VGA-RGB-in.

asertus

Quote from: Anthony Flack on 23:13, 08 August 23Honestly I think figuring out Z80 ASM might be easier than figuring out CPCTelera. Well ok, I haven't tried figuring out CPCTelera but learning Z80 ASM is not difficult - because there aren't many instructions to learn - and at least that way you know exactly what the CPU is up to, and when you debug, the code you see running is the same code you wrote.

My advice would be to fire up WinAPE and try running a few really simply ASM routines (like filling the screen memory with a particular byte value for instance) and calling from BASIC to get a feel for things.

Actually, cpctelera is just a lot of already implemented functions, in both C and assembler, plus some helpful scripts. For starter it is good even to develop in assembler, for example if you do not want to deal with sprite drawing or music integration, while having full freedom for your own asm code..

Anthony Flack

Fair enough, I tend to prefer to just write my own because I'm too lazy to figure out somebody else's code. Anyways, Z80 ASM isn't hard to learn; I picked it up in no time. The main thing I reckon is to be thinking in terms of simple 8 bit boolean operations rather than the maths you would use in a higher-level language.