News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

#CPCtelera 1.4.2. release

Started by ronaldo, 11:59, 11 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnaud

Quote from: cpcitor on 11:50, 15 August 19
Hi asertus. Where did you download 1.5? From git? From tar.gz?

CPCtelera 1.5 is still the development branch

cpcitor

Quote from: asertus on 16:40, 13 August 19
Problem with development branch.

Hi, these holidays I have decided to try out the new release, 1.5, but when I try to run setup.sh, I get these errors:

./setup.sh: línea 19: $'\r': no se encontró la orden
./setup.sh: línea 27: $'\r': no se encontró la orden
./setup.sh: línea 33: $'\r': no se encontró la orden
: No such file or directory/User/cpctelera
./setup.sh: línea 36: $'\r': no se encontró la orden
./setup.sh: línea 39: error sintáctico cerca del elemento inesperado `$'{\r''
'/setup.sh: línea 39: `function usage {

I can reproduce the problem with latest cygwin like this:

git clone https://github.com/lronaldo/cpctelera
cd cpctelera
./setup

Will offer a solution.
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made in 2013 the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC, later forked into CPCTelera.

ronaldo

Quote from: asertus on 16:40, 13 August 19
Problem with development branch.

Hi, these holidays I have decided to try out the new release, 1.5, but when I try to run setup.sh, I get these errors:

./setup.sh: línea 19: $'\r': no se encontró la orden
./setup.sh: línea 27: $'\r': no se encontró la orden
./setup.sh: línea 33: $'\r': no se encontró la orden
: No such file or directory/User/cpctelera
./setup.sh: línea 36: $'\r': no se encontró la orden
./setup.sh: línea 39: error sintáctico cerca del elemento inesperado `$'{\r''
'/setup.sh: línea 39: `function usage {

It is in cygwin, and previous version 1.4.2 works perfectly fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
This is not a CPCtelera problem, but a problem with the tools installed in your system. Many users have experienced same before and has already been addressed many times.

The problem is that cygwin includes tools in your Windows PATH, and you are using Windows GIT instead of cygwin's. Windows GIT by default download files and applies Windows CRLF line ending. This ruins all bash scripts included in CPCtelera: when bash tries to execute any one of them, it fails due to line ending.

The problem is as easy to solve as installing GIT under Cygwin and using Cygwin's instead of Windows'. You could also change line ending policy in your Windows GIT installation, but I usually prefer not to do that.

The only thing CPCtelera can do about this is adverting you in some sense, but CPCtelera cannot prevent you from using different, not properly configured, tools in your system.

cpcitor

Quote from: ronaldo on 16:07, 15 August 19
The problem is that cygwin includes tools in your Windows PATH, and you are using Windows GIT instead of cygwin's. Windows GIT by default download files and applies Windows CRLF line ending. This ruins all bash scripts included in CPCtelera: when bash tries to execute any one of them, it fails due to line ending.

This seems pretty logical yet do @asertus, @teopl or other confirm that they have another, Windows-level git?

The reason I was able to reproduce the issue is that the machine I test with does have "git bash" which is mingw64-based, and configured to checkout wirh CRLF.

Quote from: ronaldo on 16:07, 15 August 19
The problem is as easy to solve as installing GIT under Cygwin and using Cygwin's instead of Windows'. You could also change line ending policy in your Windows GIT installation, but I usually prefer not to do that.

The only thing CPCtelera can do about this is adverting you in some sense, but CPCtelera cannot prevent you from using different, not properly configured, tools in your system.

It can also, as lronaldo and I are discussing on https://github.com/lronaldo/cpctelera/pull/95 include a .gitattributes file instruting it to checkout text files with LF not CRLF.
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made in 2013 the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC, later forked into CPCTelera.

teopl

I can confirm that cloning cpctelera development branch from cygwin console with cygwin git works well.

You can confirm cygwin git location like this:
$ which git
/usr/bin/git

I thought that my git client messed up new lines but it's something which you just don' t expect! If you clone a repo - it should be the same!

Anyway, I used windows client sourcetree which is easier for me to use then the console.

I suggest to have this information in the cpctelera installation since we are not the only ones which had/will have this issue.

Edit: Also I guess some of us like to work in Visual Studio, even when editing .sh files :) and that will change newlines to windows also...

So, having some info about how to make this working well would be good. Personally, I didn't have the patience and I just googled and did some setup to "just make it work"

So I edited .gitattributes like this:

$ cat .gitattributes
###############################################################################
# Set default behavior to automatically normalize line endings.
* text=auto

# Set the merge driver for project and solution files
#
# Merging from the command prompt will add diff markers to the files if there
# are conflicts (Merging from VS is not affected by the settings below, in VS
# the diff markers are never inserted). Diff markers may cause the following
# file extensions to fail to load in VS. An alternative would be to treat
# these files as binary and thus will always conflict and require user
# intervention with every merge. To do so, just comment the entries below and
# uncomment the group further below

*.sln        text eol=crlf
*.csproj     text eol=crlf
*.vbproj     text eol=crlf
*.vcxproj    text eol=crlf
*.vcproj     text eol=crlf
*.dbproj     text eol=crlf
*.fsproj     text eol=crlf
*.lsproj     text eol=crlf
*.wixproj    text eol=crlf
*.modelproj  text eol=crlf
*.sqlproj    text eol=crlf
*.wmaproj    text eol=crlf

*.xproj      text eol=crlf
*.props      text eol=crlf
*.filters    text eol=crlf
*.vcxitems   text eol=crlf

# Explicitly declare text files you want to always be normalized and converted
# to native line endings on checkout.
*.c text eol=lf
*.h text eol=lf
*.s text eol=lf

# Denote all files that are truly binary and should not be modified.
*.exe binary
*.sh binary

But this made .sh files binary so the git client didn't see the changes...

Neurox66

Hello,
It's a week that I try to install CPCTelera 1.4.2 on my iMac but I can't.
I've a iMac 27 "Late 2015 with i7 4GHz and 32GB Ram, macOS Mojave 10.14.6.
I've followed the instructions on the site and tried to install both the stable and the daily version.
Unfortunately the result is the same. With a clean installation stops at 62% while if I try to reinstall after the first stop it stops at 33%.

I tried to read the log file but apart from many warnings I can't understand what is the problem.
Any suggestions?
Obviously change the computer it is not an acceptable suggestion  :D :D :D

Regards,
Paolo
CPC 464+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive - 
CPC 6128+ with Nova, FlashGordon,AmsDap, SymbiFace III -
CPC 6128 with M4 ... and other Amstrad computers

cpcitor

Quote from: Neurox66 on 07:59, 16 August 19
Hello,
It's a week that I try to install CPCTelera 1.4.2 on my iMac but I can't.
I've a iMac 27 "Late 2015 with i7 4GHz and 32GB Ram, macOS Mojave 10.14.6.
I've followed the instructions on the site and tried to install both the stable and the daily version.
Unfortunately the result is the same. With a clean installation stops at 62% while if I try to reinstall after the first stop it stops at 33%.
I tried to read the log file but apart from many warnings I can't understand what is the problem.
Any suggestions?
Obviously change the computer it is not an acceptable suggestion  :D :D :D

Regards,
Paolo

Can you share the log file, e.g. on a pastebin (if short enough) or https://framadrop.org/ ?

Neurox66

CPC 464+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive - 
CPC 6128+ with Nova, FlashGordon,AmsDap, SymbiFace III -
CPC 6128 with M4 ... and other Amstrad computers

cpcitor

Quote from: Neurox66 on 09:25, 16 August 19
Here the file log of clean installation of 1.4.2:

https://framadrop.org/r/4uRSjMzVaZ#0jfiMEcre0dpbRjpkr3/kEHU6lg6oN+zLzUhBwBVOkM=

Here the file log of re-installation of latest version from github:
https://framadrop.org/r/5WxVLIhQJ9#AQyQrX0c6wId00Zx3Pl/11Y/eJWTzeHGDVqn/ZAxSjs=

Paolo

Thanks Paolo for these logs. I see two strictly identical files.

This is strange, I see warnings but no error.

Any idea @lronaldo ?

cpcitor

These two different options should then produce two different log files, right?

I have compared your log with my log on a Linux machine. Compilation of cpctelera/tools/sdcc-3.6.8-r9946/src/src/SDCCgen.c works on my machine and things go on.

It looks like on your machine, the gcc compiler just returned a non-zero code for an unknown reason. Very strange. Can you try a different compiler?

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

funkheld

the program is the last dirt.
as long as there is no perfect installation location.

it is only a two man project at the time.

So stay away from the program.

teopl

funkheld is there some better C framework for creating games for CPC?

I had very good experience with cpctelera and the android export function looks very promising...

XeNoMoRPH

teopl

hahah the great platform climber :)

I am waiting for some instructions how to export to android because I don't really know much about what is needed to setup an android app and I don't have time to explore now.

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: teopl on 12:11, 03 May 20
hahah the great platform climber :)

I am waiting for some instructions how to export to android because I don't really know much about what is needed to setup an android app and I don't have time to explore now.
it's WIP, but ... here is a video about that, recorded last days in spanish sorry :(

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/607336776,

SpDizzy

Working under cpctelera, as many others, with no problems at all with the framework. It is perfect for programming both on c and assembler, even for a really novice like me. It has a complete installation guide, lots of documents about it's usage, and a huge bunch of learning videos to do all kind of stuff. These videos are updated every year from the Alicante University.
What's the exact problem with the installation @funkheld ?
Maybe some of us, or @ronaldo can help with that

funkheld

So my cpctelera is now running on win10 with the notebook. I did it at the age of 70.

the obstacle was previously partly the cygwin64.

what i'm missing is more help for the cpctelera.
i didn't waste my life studying.

greeting

Otto

Quote from: funkheld on 18:49, 22 July 20
So my cpctelera is now running on win10 with the notebook. I did it at the age of 70.
Six days ago you were still 71 years old.

Today you're 70.

So, using CPCtelera makes younger? I should absolutely start to use it.

asertus

Quote from: Otto on 20:15, 22 July 20
Six days ago you were still 71 years old.

Today you're 70.

So, using CPCtelera makes younger? I should absolutely start to use it.

Myself, I feel 25 years younger when using my CPC..  :D

funkheld

when you are 71 you don't count the years anymore.
you just guess ...

I want to say how stupid are people who are much younger than me and only complain.

Otto

For us CPC retro friends, every bit counts.

(Und wer hier ständig sich beklagt über CPCtelera und vieles mehr, ist ja gerade ein gewisser alter Meckerfratz.)

funkheld

I only say what can be improved because I have tested it.
you haven't tested properly with cpctelera yet.

you are here in the forum only a "seer ...." who is inactive with cpctelera.

do your test with cpctelera, then we can write at eye level.

greeting

Otto

Some days ago I watched my son unpacking the CPCtelera package on our Ubuntu Linux, and some hours later his first sprite moved around the screen. Done by his short C code calling a few of the efficient and well documented CPCtelera library functions. Sprite graphics created by him with Gimp (plus an ex- and imported CPC palette with the help of one of those many tools from the CPCtelera package, the one with French terminal messages).

Having read the CPCtelera documentation in combination with this in-house short-test of CPCtelera, does tell me what CPCtelera is (and what it is not) and how to use it basically.

I then fellt obliged to tell him that back in the days in the 1980ies, when we did the similar stuff just on bare metal Z80 assembler with no documentation, no cool sprite library, and sprites drawn on paper first, things were a little bit more complicated.

CPCtelera helps software developers to totally concentrate on the content. Those Spanish geniuses created a master-piece. Of course you need to study its documentation and samples first! The comments from Prof. Ronaldo here on the forum are very helpful, and also his and his co-authors' screen-cast videos despite we not understanding a single spoken Spanish word – but often a picture is worth a thousand words. :-)

funkheld

without sdcc principles you can't get any further. there are examples: http://www.cpcmania.com/Docs/Programming/Programming.htm
they no longer work with the new sdcc from tpctelera.

cpctelera makes internal changes with the commands that you do not yet know and surprises you when you mix your own sdcc routines with the code from the cpctelera.

it's not just about moving sprites, the surrounding must work on background, transparency of the sprite and size of the binary code.

Without mathematics you cannot set a sprite on certain sin / cos points.