News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Programming / Re: My 2D platformer in BASIC
Last post by VincentGR - Today at 11:27
Shift+F4 gives you 1000x.
Dunno if it is fixed or depends on your CPU.
I
Programming / Re: My 2D platformer in BASIC
Last post by IndyUK - Today at 11:23
Quote from: ZorrO on 04:17, 28 April 24How much turbo it need?
Not sure of the value as I use the Turbo option in Winape. Even this is beginning to get a bit slow because I keep adding more features but, still playable. Boosting the frequency will take care of the slowness but, that affects the interrupts and so everything is uplifted by the same ratio, making it unplayable. I think once I have all the features working, then I will reduce the number of screen assets to something more manageable. 
Games / Re: Fruity Frank Steve Wallis
Last post by eto - Today at 11:15
too sad the CPC version is so bad - the concept seems to be fun. 
Games / Re: The Key, a A "full" point ...
Last post by ||C|-|E|| - Today at 07:44
It looks really amazing, I have been itching for something like this in the CPC.
Have you often confirmed that pin1 244 is 0?
Interesting read, seems like a very modest guy. A few interesting tidbits about the development of the GX and it's games too.

Quote«In Ocean I realized everything I still had to learn. "It's been almost 40 years and I'm still learning new things."

https://www.retromaniacmagazine.com/2024/04/en-ocean-me-di-cuenta-de-todo-lo-que.html

English & Spanish text,  Author: @Dubliner
T
Games / Re: WIP Transversion
Last post by Typhon - Yesterday at 23:07
Alright, so a brief video of a WIP. Note that this is obviously way too slow and sluggish. I'm still writing my code as if I've got unlimited fps and a graphics card to play with! But now I have a vague idea of what is going on, its time to properly optimise stuff and get rid of stuff that doesn't translate well on a Z80 (for example, needless integer division and unnecessary redrawing of areas on the screen that haven't changed!), and to make the frame rate like the proverbial poo off a shovel.

Games / Re: Fruity Frank Steve Wallis
Last post by Prodatron - Yesterday at 21:35
Cool, it is using the same sound fx :) PSG rulez.
Though Fruity Frank still appears to be the #1 for me.
General Discussion - Introductions / Re: CPCRadio module
Last post by GUNHED - Yesterday at 20:52
Quote from: eto on Yesterday at 08:53
Quote from: Gryzor on Yesterday at 07:55Whaaaat? What's this?!
nothing spectacular. It's a FM module that is controlled by the CPC. I would expect a simple address decoding logic activates the FM IC which gets the data from the data bus. The IC does all the radio logic including sound output.

In short: your CPC controls a radio IC but you won't listen to a radio with your CPC.

No, I wouldn't do that either.