News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: retro space on Today at 18:31If you know where they are
Exactly  :)   If you have time and patience, maybe you could check the disassemble code of 6128 fw rom to find out and modify it.
fw315 uses white on blue.
Usually changing color does not need a source code or recompiling. It is just a matter of changing 3 bytes in the ROM that store the colours for ink 0, ink 1 and border. If you know where they are!

Same question goes for the |fm function, it gives yellow on black. Is that configurable?

Also I found the browser you get with |fm is VERY senstive on the cursor keys, very hard to select the correct disk image. Maybe the repeat delay can be a bit longer in a future firmware version.
Games / Re: Converting games to .CPR c...
Last post by iXien - Today at 18:17
Quote from: shacpc on Today at 17:19
Quote from: iXien on Today at 16:38
Quote from: eto on Today at 12:52Find attached
  • Adios A la Casta
  • Atic Atac
  • Edge Grinder
  • Let's Go
  • Mr. Heli
  • Red Sunset
  • Star Sabre

These are straight DSK to CPR conversions I did a while ago for my 128K GX4000. Nothing has been done for the controls but the games play fine without keyboard.
Mr Heli perfectly works with 64K, there is nothing more on 128K based machines. And this one has been fully repatched to offer pause/quit, stop/play music, a new title screen and even some bug fix. It's available in the list ;) .
It is the special version of Nich Campbell with bug fixes and other improvements that requires 128k. A cracker of proven reliability. In my opinion, it is complementary to the 64k one, unless someone confirms that they have finished the 64k game without conversion errors and whoever worked on this game indicates that they are absolutely similar.

When we patch a game with @Urusergi , it is fully tested. It's a basic. So our patch is perfect and the 128K crack is useless  8)
Quote from: retro space on Today at 14:38One more question: do you know if and how I can mod the ROM files on the USB drive to make the CPC boot in white-on-black instead of yellow on blue? Please for both 40 and 80 column, and preferable auto-boot into 80 column.
In order to do that in "rom level", you must have access to the source assembly code of the rom (either firmware or basic), modify it, and recompile it, and as far as i know there is no rom in such form available (here you can find various roms in disassemble form, which is close, but not the "clean" source code)
 Now,i can think of 2 alternatives about your "problem".
One is to use Fw 3.15, instead of original 6128 fw rom, which uses black/white and 80 columns mode upon boot.  Just replace the OS6128.ROM with FW315.ROM in config.txt file.
The other is to create a small basic program:
10 ink 0,0:ink 1,26
20 border 0:Mode 2
save it to usb stick with a convinient small name like "set.bas" and then, the only thing you need to do after booting is just give: run"set to execute it, and get what you want  ;)
S
Last post by shacpc - Today at 17:26
I congratulate the idea of this thread, because although the thread "Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)" is fantastic, I imagine that there are people like me without C4CPC for my GX4000 and that we use a CPC+/M4 with gamepads and your TV, without so many keyboard or even memory limitations (thanks to the available Gemini-type expansions, etc.) and loading in .cpr format.
On one hand, the grid is comparatively small so you can run through it rather quickly. On the other hand, I guess it's going to introduce *some* delay when it runs, but hey, I wouldn't be bothered by it if I had a fully graphical spreadsheet on my z80 😁 Especially if there was an option to run it manually when needed.
S
Last post by shacpc - Today at 17:19
Quote from: iXien on Today at 16:38
  • Adios A la Casta
  • Atic Atac
  • Edge Grinder
  • Let's Go
  • Mr. Heli
  • Red Sunset
  • Star Sabre

These are straight DSK to CPR conversions I did a while ago for my 128K GX4000. Nothing has been done for the controls but the games play fine without keyboard.
Mr Heli perfectly works with 64K, there is nothing more on 128K based machines. And this one has been fully repatched to offer pause/quit, stop/play music, a new title screen and even some bug fix. It's available in the list ;) .
It is the special version of Nich Campbell with bug fixes and other improvements that requires 128k. A cracker of proven reliability. In my opinion, it is complementary to the 64k one, unless someone confirms that they have finished the 64k game without conversion errors and whoever worked on this game indicates that they are absolutely similar.
Yes, you are right, only when a cell is changed. I just wonder, if changing a cell could take a while as soon as you have a few hundrets of them, and it always has to generate the whole path again. In this case pre-generated pathes could be a solution. Then only changing formulas would take some time, but some additional memory for storing the pathes will be required as well.
News & Events / Re: AMSTEAM: WIP game streamin...
Last post by abalore - Today at 16:42
Final ROM board arrived.

Last post by iXien - Today at 16:38

• Adios A la Casta
  • Atic Atac
  • Edge Grinder
  • Let's Go
  • Mr. Heli
  • Red Sunset
  • Star Sabre