News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Hi all, I'm experiencing problems using Cubemdos and 32RomBooster roms togheter, on a megaflashrom card. They seems to can't work togheter, I have placed Cubemdos on slot 6 and Booster on slot 15, I have to deactivate Booster rom to allow Cubemdos to works fine, otherwise only the booster rom is detected. Any tip about?  I'm using a cyboard (SF2 clone) + Megaflahrom + 1mb ram expansion.Thanks
@eto 

1) iorq to Ready/wait (better by diode) 

2) start cpc
        Z80 executes LD BC,#7F89. OUT(C),C
        OUT Produces iorq which does an eternal wait.

3) GA reads the number 89h a million times a second.

4)  When the first clock inverter is blocking by HI or Lo.           The clock stops working.
         Attention. The old mainboard has the first inverter on pin 5 of the 74hcu04 but the new one on pin 13.

5) When connected  pin 1. 244 to pin 5 (13) of the first clock inverter, the clock will stand and GA will be stopped in its tracks. If we draw Lo on pin 1 244, we have stopped CPC from 89h on the z80 side and gate 244 is open. (Of course, the diode helps connect only the LO state to the clock)

6) You can easily check whether the number 89h is also on the GA side on the date lines.
CyberChicken / SpaceChicken: 2. Feuerknopf schalten das Waffensystem um.
Hardware / Re: Expansions Port
Last post by GUNHED - Today at 13:13
Wenn es ein bisschen mehr sein darf... Eine Platine für bis zu 7 Erweiterungen wurde vom LambdaMikel entworfen, siehe Deutsches Forum.
Well, I see, the source code is on the WinApe homepage. Nice! 
Which assembler shall be used?
Thank you Andy!

I'm proud to join the club! 
Games / Re: The Key, a A "full" point ...
Last post by eto - Today at 11:50
Quote from: Targhan on Today at 10:00Mmmh, the puzzle is pretty simple and I get a logical answer, but the subdomain doesn't seem to be working. Is it just me?
Yeah, I struggled there too. However the diagram is just misleading. It looks like you need to change the subdomain but all you need to do is to replace the path after the server address.
Woohoo. And welcome to the GX owners club.
@McArti0 

It's obvious that you have thought about what you suggest - however it's not clear what exactly you want to achieve with your ideas - and if they are correct or not. It would be good if you could not only write what test to perform, but also what purpose this test has. Without that context it's impossible to distinguish if your test is useless - or genius.

E.g. what do you achieve with the connection to CE of IC115? 
Quote from: mmldrm on Today at 08:58If you have sources for the ICs (UK would be best for me) then I would love to know them.

The 64Kb of RAM that I bought was around £10, and so far I only saw a 40031 for £18 on eBay.

It would be good to know the best websites for CPC parts.
I did not factor in the HAL as it is almost certainly not your problem. Especially since you already bridged it (after message #6 in this thread) and got no change. So even if it would be damaged, something else would be too. But just to be sure: bridge the HAL and replace the RAM, then you can be 100% sure that it's not the cause and once your computer works (don't forget to change the bridge so you can test the second RAM bank too), put in the HAL again and see if it works. 

In case this HAL is the problem, you don't need the original. You can replace it by an ATF16V8. Not sure what it costs in the UK but here I can get it for about 2€ per piece in my favorite shop - or 5 pieces for 4-6€ from China. Programming is easy if you have an Eprom programmer or access to one. Even if not, I would be surprised if there is not someone on the forum who could program it for you. 

There are no websites for CPC parts unfortunately. But that is no surprise as almost all ICs are standard ICs that can be sourced easily on Ebay or AliExpress for cheap. E.g. all the other 6 ICs that can be the culprit in your case are usually below 1€ per piece.