News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

IIRC a lot of the more recent run & gun games support two buttons, like Toki and Invasion of the Zombie Monsters... I think?
Hardware / Re: Expansions Port
Last post by eto - Today at 20:56
Ebay - allerdings zum selberlöten und mit 27€ dafür schon fast unverschämt teuer. Für den Preis kannst du wahrscheinlich die Einzelteile für 5 Boards besorgen.

Oder hier fertig aufgebaut: https://hobbyretro.com/en/retro/expander-board-amstrad-cpc

How about with PC 720K ?
Quote from: eto on Today at 20:35Do you have a Plus or GX4000? ...
To my regret, no.
"Just" an CPC6128. 

Steven
Do you have a Plus or GX4000? There is an ongoing thread with hundreds of patched games that will now support the second button.
Quote from: eto on Today at 20:18Even if he would have swapped all relevant ICs it would have been maybe €20 and max 2h of work in total.
Ask mmldrm how many times he has desoldered an integrated circuit in other equipment in his life. ::)
Quote from: McArti0 on Today at 13:58. Maybe you could stop being mean and start helping.
He did. He said very early in this process that it's most likely the RAM. Even if it's not the RAM there are only 6 more ICs that can be the culprit. Even if he would have swapped all relevant ICs it would have been maybe €20 and max 2h of work in total.
And the client wants proof without premonitions, because it's NOT HIS CPC.
He doesn't have the tools, so I help him the way he is capable of doing.
And don't insult my work.

Quote from: Bryce on Today at 19:20To put it another way: If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's most likely a duck.
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, sometimes it's not a duck.
Hey Craig, long time no hear. Send me the file you want to split (via e-mail) and I'll see if I can split it for you.

Bryce.
Quote from: McArti0 on Today at 13:58
Quote from: Bryce on Today at 13:35I'm starting to think that this is some sort of never ending April fools joke..
Then prove to him that his memory is faulty. So far I have found out that the 3rd byte of the Rom has the value 61 instead of 89. If at all he did it well with 3 people. For now, it turns out that z80 writes to frames. And that the ram has the correct contents. Maybe you could stop being mean and start helping.

I don't have proof, I have experience. I've repaired 100's of CPC's over many, many years and despite owning an armada of expensive test equipment, if I get a start screen that looks like that I swap the RAM after just a few basic voltage checks. 99% of the time it fixes the problem. Time is more expensive than a set of 4164's.
To put it another way: If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's most likely a duck.

I am being helpful. I'm passing my experience on, and my experience says swap the RAMs.

Bryce.